Anonymous
Years ago

Open KO - Who are the front runners?

So normally there is at least 5 threads bout ko by know who is gonna be the front runners this year?

Topic #15268 | Report this topic

Gordan Lilly  
Years ago

same old teams... St Micks, Trinity, Unley

Reply #180319 | Report this post

LJ  
Years ago

Cabra!

Reply #180328 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

here we go......

Reply #180330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can we save time and just restore all of last year's threads on this

Reply #180343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

u cant stop the reign 2008 champs

Reply #180372 | Report this post

blah blah blah  
Years ago

unley and st aloysius in the girls with cabra close behind

Reply #180400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unley, Sacred heart and cabra are the running team for top spot in the boys

Reply #180424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sacred heart dont have anyone anymore, harri held their team up, Cabra have lost ALOT of their good players and dont have much anymore. Unley still has good players like Daly, Bassani, Hayes and Tim Sumemrs. So ild say their in the best position to win it.

Reply #180427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Findon and Woodville in the grand final

Reply #180449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

St. Micks are defiantly going to be strong this year with the majority of players from last yrs A's still around with some good and big yr 10's coming though..St. Micks, Unley will be the best two teams IMO...i dubt Tom Daly will player school ball surely not due to Australian Camps etc.

Reply #180469 | Report this post

camel 98  
Years ago

Loreto will put up a fight in the girls

Reply #180790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who have cabra lost??????
they still have

Warbout
Turner
Robertson

Reply #180823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaiah, Nathan... they may not be the best players on the team, but there pretty damn good, and isaiah was getting alot of court time last year in the grand final of KO, the team was playing poorly but he seemed to be the one picking up the pieces.

Reply #180974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Immanuel usually have a good crack at it too don't forget and could be surprise packet especially in girls.

Saint Michaels will be awesome if they play as a team.

Reply #181066 | Report this post

SlamminSam  
Years ago

Who the F*#k is roberston. i know turner and warbout. is this a new guy from interstate?

Reply #182026 | Report this post

ko  
Years ago

KO DRAWS
BOYS:

GROUP A: Immanuel
Cabra
Unley
Concordia

GROUP B: Pedare
Trinity
Blackfriars
Saint Ignatius'

GROUP C: Sacred Heart
Prince Alfred
Adelaide
St Michael's

GROUP D: St Peter's
Pembroke
Rostrevor
Scotch

Girls:
1. Grant
Mt Gambier
Tenison Woods
Millicent
Bordertown

2. Loreto
Sacred Heart

3. St Aloysius
St Marys

4. Cabra
Immanuel
Unley

5. Golden Grove
Trinity

6. Nazareth
Annesley
Pedare

Reply #182242 | Report this post

william 37  
Years ago

cabra and unley in the same pool for the girls..?
that sucks.

Reply #182581 | Report this post

ryan  
Years ago

Loreto will put up a fight in the girls

Reply #182987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Robertson is Jordan Robertson, hes still in the cut for under 18s state

Reply #183093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

boys pools bit rugged too!!! Cabra, Unley, CC, Immanuel.........whose pullen St.Iggies strings??

Reply #183163 | Report this post

Pulteney 55  
Years ago

ok the random name suggested by the site was pulteney 55, so dont bag pulteney yet.

anyways, the organisers again did not do their homework. they have the 2 yr 9/10 finals teams in the same seniors ko pool which is just plain wrong.

Blacks and trinity seem unfair to both schools too, especially if both teams can be considered finals contenders. the boys is not like a stacked NBA western conference. it shouldnt be so hard to work out where teams should be seeded.

Reply #183769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

comon, does anyone on this site have a clue. I know no one knows who KBGS are but have a look what players they have and where thay finished two years ago.

Reply #184077 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

cabra will be good this year along with unley and sacred heart. probally the 3 most strongest teams. cabra has its main players, turner, warbout, doyle and robertson. sacred hearts main players mainard, oconnor, lustica, and unleys main players daly, hayes, bassani and summers. gonna be tough

Reply #184116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

winners for boys...
Group A: Cadbra
Group B: Pedare
Group C: St. Micheals
Group D: St. Peters

Reply #184183 | Report this post

pfft  
Years ago

haha sacred heart where held up by harri harvey... i think it takes more than 1 person to win a state title

unley will be terrible

Reply #184564 | Report this post

Whoever said that Pedare,Blackfriars,Trinity and St. Ignatius will be the frontrunners in Pool B are sadly mistaken. Gleeson have got a star-studded line up for Open KO this year. Although they dont have much depth, except 4 an emerging superstar with initials MM, who has asked me not 2 name him. A new recruits in a state player has made an excellent addition 2 the team and have taken a share of the reigns from the star players who play for North. Paralowie and Maryatville will be easilly carted in the first 2 rounds and the team will probably have enough momentum from then on 2 make it 2 at least the final 4. My tip is for Gleeson

Reply #184738 | Report this post

Apologies for the last msg lol.
Gleeson will win Pool B, not group B.
My bad

Reply #184739 | Report this post

The only teams that could challenge them r modbury, thomas more, salisbury n possibly golden grove

Reply #184741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who said unley would be terrible. Daly, Bassani, Summers, Hayes

Reply #184801 | Report this post

pfft  
Years ago

summers got nothin........... who is bassani hahahahahaha

Reply #184804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

summers is one of the gunnest under 18 point guards, Adam Bassani, is playing 20 2's first year for the eagles at the moment. hes good.

Reply #184957 | Report this post

haha  
Years ago

summers is about as good as your english

Reply #184963 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

who's pullin st. iggies strings?
theve got pedare in there pool, A team who two years ago won POOL A and last year came fourth... They have only lost one of there starters. So to say St. Iggies have it easy is a bit rich!

Reply #184967 | Report this post

Astor  
Years ago

Summers is the perfect complement to Daly coming the bench ... Daly may even play some 2 while summers takes the reigns. Should be a great game vs Cabra next saturday, Unley Gym if u can make it.

Reply #184977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

first of all KO that draw you put up is missing 2 other fixtures which is Mt Gambier, Grant, Millicent, Tenison Woods and Bordertown and the other is Kings Baptist vs Brighton, Kings baptist will win we were year 10 state champs 2 years ago and we have 2 state players, 2 div 1 players and 2 div 2 players and a couple of social players lol

Reply #185040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #185056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cabra are the front runners along with Kings Babtist and Unley. Cabra should knock out unley this week anyway.
Cabra:
Jan W - State Centre div 1 eagles
Chris W - Div 1 under 16 for sturt
Jordan R - Div 1 for eagles
Reece T - Div 1 under 20s first year state player
Adam D - Div one PG for eagles

Alex Prior, Sheldrick, Lindsay and ruben all play district div 1 and 2.

Reply #185068 | Report this post

pfft  
Years ago

damn you know your cabra team!

seeing as jan plays for f'ville and chris waye being an under 16...

alrite dude

Reply #185102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Year 10 KO two years ago Kings Baptist Vs. Cabra College.
It will probably be the same teams again in the GF.

I dont know why KB havnt got a mension yet.
But i reckon Cabra will be too strong in the long run.

I think teams need to look out for the lil PG for Cabra called Adam Doyle. He will light shit up!!!

Reply #185192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sacret Heart will also be up there with Lusty, maynard, scottie and kareta.

Lustica is the dark horse coz he can fire being in div 1 18s as a first year. (He had a very stong state champs)

Reply #185195 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Daly going be one of the strongest guards in the open KO

Reply #185201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The best 5 players:

PG - Daly (unley)
SG - Jordy (Kings)
SF - Robertson (cabra)
PF - Matt L (Kings)
C - Jan W (cabra)

Reply #185205 | Report this post

now you know  
Years ago

100 bucks lustica was the one that posted the comment about sacred heart and himself

also, robertson the best SF in ko? if thats so, its gonna be an incredibly weak competition

Reply #185220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1,000 000 bucks saids it wasn't lustica. lustica isn't up himself and wishes he was that good..

Reply #185222 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Cabra beat unley by 5 points. was a good game. came down to the last min. unley had a big lead at the start but cabra came back and were just too good on the day. great win cabra.

Reply #185896 | Report this post

coast2coast  
Years ago

St Micgael's College is on fire they won against P.A.C by 32 points got some good players

Reply #186007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol PAC have no one

Reply #186110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

shc are weak...lusti's soft and harri was they're whole team

Reply #186295 | Report this post

lol  
Years ago

3 state players is fair weak IMO too anon

Reply #186429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who are the stronger girls teams?
who will do well

Reply #186503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cabra vs Concordia this week - BIG GAME!

Cabra tipped by 6 points

Reply #187235 | Report this post

tizme  
Years ago

Concordia only just went down to SHC last week. (Minus their gun player)

Reply #187246 | Report this post

Ted Nugent  
Years ago

Well I watched Trinity open A last week, they are not much. At this early stage IMHO St Micks are the team to beat.

Reply #187462 | Report this post

megan  
Years ago

Do the top two go through or just the winner of each pool?

Reply #187488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Concordia are underated they only went down to cabra 51 - 49 today and they scored a massive dud call with 2 secs left which would have sent hooley to the line for two and probably OT.... i tip them to beat unley

Reply #187600 | Report this post

grr!  
Years ago

Yeah basically Cabra got handed the game today by the umpires, looked like netball out there, the Concordia team looked liked they had it minus the twat with the whistle. Oh well at least concordia can put it a good decent KO footy team, to recent knowledge Cabra were too soft to field one??

Reply #187602 | Report this post

Cat 15  
Years ago

Unfort. it is the same old problem year after year.
Play against Unley @ Unley you get screwed by refs. Play Westminster @ Westminster you get screwed by refs.
It really can come down to where you are playing your knockout games.

Can't we get all Open A games played at Distinctive Homes Dome on a weekend?
Surely knockout games at least!!!!!!!

Reply #187898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

good call cat

Reply #187900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simple solution Cat - play well enough and you won't have the excuse of getting "screwed by the refs". And no, when I went to high school and played in Open A basketball a couple of years back, I didn't go to Unley or Westminster, but I enjoyed victories against them. I don't really remember much about Unley refs, but I do remember Westminster having one particularly annoying referee. However, if you play well enough, and score enough points, the refs can't do anything to stop you.

Reply #187904 | Report this post

powers  
Years ago

hey that concordia cabra game was that a knockout game? or just weekend open pool A?

Reply #188248 | Report this post

spurs_suck  
Years ago

yea it was knockout

Reply #188262 | Report this post

yeryer12  
Years ago

Cabra had the game in the bag against concordie. The refs were really good i thought and concordia were to Sh|t. Concordia were really bad and there footy team is really bad. Who cares if cabra couldnt get one they wuld of beat them anyway.

Cabra Will Win KO easy no one can stop them....

Reply #188490 | Report this post

JW6 6 6  
Years ago

CABRA

Reply #188492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marryatville won

Reply #188522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

to yeryer12
get a life buddie
there will be a scrath match agaisnt these teams again
then we will see what happens,

oh with good refs btw

Reply #188592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cabra are obviously front runners. St micks have an alright team and put up a fair fight. The fact that unley concordia and cabra were all in the same pool is a joke. these are 3 of the better teams in the competition. And whoever said ruben was gonna make A's is a joke. Ben regester is a superstar and kills ruben in every aspect except height. should be a great competition this year.

Reply #189221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh yeah and hearts are up there aswell. Isnt kings baptist in a different competition? There arent any good big men that can run with janno. So cabra have a huge advantage in the talls. Other than cabra the only team with a complete lineup that work well together has to be hearts. Unley have the players but they all play fairly small and dont work much as a team. Its pretty much the daly and hayes show

Reply #189338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the gf will be hearts vs cabra (if kings baptist is in another pool), only way if cabra will lose if they don't work as a team and have a personal battle with hearts.

Reply #189357 | Report this post

powers  
Years ago

nope Kings is in pool A and we beat Brighton today 76 - 54 and are now through to the finals, any other teams through to the finals now?

Reply #189508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

kings vs cabra gf and KINGS WILL KILL THEM!!

Reply #189517 | Report this post

hero19  
Years ago

Kings will win. The Cabra team is sh*t. There only good player is Jan Warbout and possibly reece turner. There is basically the rest of their starting 5 on here taking themselves up. "Watch out for Doyley he will light shit up". Mate doyley doesnt come close to a top pg. and as for the rest weigh and robertson (no name players) they are dead set joke players.

Reply #189915 | Report this post

powers  
Years ago

wow strong words wat skool are you from? ha ha as a kings guy i do like our chances to take it out but i do rate cabra quite highly still and also sacred heart, everyone else will be no compettition

Reply #189946 | Report this post

hero19  
Years ago

im a student at Mercedes and having recently played the cabra team i know they are sh*t. Kings will take it out.

Reply #189967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well if the both of you are soo sure why don't u compare teams?

Reply #189978 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

hero19 - I wouldn't brag about being from Mercedes...lol

Reply #189980 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Or is it Mersaydays...he he he

Reply #189981 | Report this post

powers  
Years ago

compare what teams, kings and cabra? ok then lets look at it, we have 2 under 20 div 1 players who played state last year in matt lycett and Jordan Murphy. We also have rhys elliot who is playing state this year and also martin mchugh who plays 18 1s with rhys. then there is me and James Lenigas who play under 20 div 2. I dont kno much of the cabra players just kno em by face but i know that the only thing they have against us is there height as we are a short team, we beat them in year 10 GF by about 30 without Jan, hell make a difference but i dont know how much.

Reply #189982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah Jordan Robertson is definately a no name even though he made it to the final cut in u18 state and hits as many points as jan and defs more than reece turner. Mercedes kid, who are you to talk. We killed you missing two starters. You guys had to bring a kid off detention, and bring in two footballers to put up any competition. Hearts, Baptist and Cabra are top three teams to beat.

Reply #191660 | Report this post

hero19  
Years ago

thats rubbish. When i watched mercedes vs cabra what i saw was jan and reece and the pg run the show and the other 2 starters did diddly squat. Who cares if this guy made the final cut of state, he obviously cant bring it onto the court.

Reply #192008 | Report this post

Take it from someone who knows a good team when he see them!

Trinity are white hot, a very well disciplined outfit.

Funny enough, it look like the exact same team that plays for Lions U18's. Looking at the ladder that's probably not a glowing endorsment.

Lookin' forward to knockouts!

Fletch Lives!

Reply #192260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HERO 19! your deffs not a hero mate. U didnt watch the mercs game coz jan didnt play! Your the dumbest guy going around. and u people are all losers

Jordan Robertson

Reply #192348 | Report this post

hero19  
Years ago

well the players who started played well except for the so called "last cut state" player, by the name of jordan robertson. I was there and i didn't think much of your game buddy.

Keep trying with your payouts mate!

Reply #192744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no ones perfect maybe he had a bad game? ever thought of that?

No wait your hero19 you must be a hero and save the day every time ey? good luck with that.....

Reply #192750 | Report this post

jerryJoe  
Years ago

Hero19 your a joke man. Grow up and stop dissing people. You obviously dont know what your talking bout! Shut up u moron.

Reply #192862 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

He is from Mersaydays, heads are so far up their arses all they can do is diss diss diss

Reply #192866 | Report this post

freakball  
Years ago

Yeah Mercedes are jokes. They are pathetic at every sport and life in general.

YEAH!!!

Reply #192924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this is school ball chill the fu*k out!!!

Reply #192993 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I defs rate Jordy Robertson he just knocked me off the top spot of our DT League so u know he's good.

Go away Her019.

Reply #195933 | Report this post

Tom Sheldrick  
Years ago

Reply #195949 | Report this post

Tom Sheldrick  
Years ago

Stop knocking other people hero19. I started that game vs mercedes too and big deal if i didn't turn it on; we won. And put your name down dont write some alter ego that makes you sound like you bite the pillow each night before bed. Or maybe you're just a bit annoyed that you cant even make Mercedes' A Side.....

Tom Sheldrick

Reply #195951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what about the girls open knockout..
whos through to the finals?

Reply #196355 | Report this post

hero19  
Years ago

hahahahahah tom sheldrick ur a joke

Reply #196515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok who's playing for second? KBGS 2008

Reply #198026 | Report this post

hero 19  
Years ago

tom sheldrik licks jordan robertsons bits. It goin rain.

Reply #198027 | Report this post

hero 19  
Years ago

Reply #198028 | Report this post

hero 19  
Years ago

Reply #198029 | Report this post

hero 19  
Years ago

ifyour so good jordan Robertson to make the last cut at state , why did charles make it also. He's ten times the player you r & ten times the man, to tom sheldrick i make your mom bite my pillow "all nite long"

Reply #198031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hero 19 mate shut up. This is school basketball. can you bring it on the court? Do you play decent district? do you play state? did your team make the finals? NO? then shut up and stop dishing out shit when you yourself cant hold your dribble on the same courts as these guys. If you are gonna say something atleast make it constructive not just "The Cabra team is sh*t" when they beat you.

matt jarrett

Reply #198123 | Report this post

hero 19  
Years ago

ahh matt jarret who do u play for. Can u bring it on the floor, or will i spend my time wiping you off it. I saw u guys play once, u dnt have a chance so stop talkin shit ur lackluster team up, u dig? tom sheldrick can't light it up because his match is wet......very wet, like i made ur mother. Fin

Reply #198235 | Report this post

Onlooker  
Years ago

Was just informed that SHC took out the Open boys title again. Back to Back.

Reply #198726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cabra lost by 7.

Reply #198731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha i see hero lives up to his name, he is my hero! i just wanna know if he is serious or not?

Reply #198747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cabra lost by 14 bud

Reply #198752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hero
yeah cabra suck. Undefeated until grand final. You are completely right. Where did mercedes come? From what i hear you are just a kid talking himself up. If you actually play why werent you in the A's and why were you sitting out watching? But yeah hero completely right, cabra suck.

Matt jarrett

Reply #199046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it's funny cos every yr you guys write shc off in the first posts of this & yet again they get the job done. good to get 1 over schueller aswell

Reply #200344 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

If they did drug testing at the tourney then SHC probs wouldn't be able to find 10 players.

CDC!!!

Reply #201687 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

oh, and hero19's a fag.

Reply #201688 | Report this post

j0sh0  
Years ago

haha cabra were never gonna win, they r shower!

Reply #201689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

na mate 9 of the shc boys r clean just muz is a pot head..

Reply #201763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who won state champs bitches SHC did
so get screwed

Reply #209155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CC is where it is at for boys with Hartman, elms , burns, noble

Reply #317893 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:46 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754