Defence wins Games
Years ago

Vukona out of Breakers and a free agent

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/newsdetail1.asp?storyID=134920

Interesting development .....

"It is understood Vukona wants a starting role, but the Breakers see him as an impact player off the bench.It is also understood the Wollongong Hawks are keen to secure Vukona's services."

Is it realistic for Vukona to become a starting 5 player ?

Topic #15272 | Report this topic

The_Champ33  
Years ago

He showed potential last season and started crashing the boards a lot. He's not bad for a Fijian who normally take up rugby.

He'd be able to help Kavossy and kick back the ball to him on the offensive rebound.

Reply #180377 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Interesting situation as he'd want to check his market value and see what opportunities are around. However, as soon as he becomes a free agent, the Breakers are unable to re-sign him with his loyalty deduction in place. His 8 points is pretty hefty considering they would be bringing that off the bench. They will need a rebounder as Ronaldson and Forman would be one of the lowest rebounding SF/PF combos.

Hawks are the most likely destination for Vukona given that they desperately need a SF (Castle and Philip gone, Jackson retained as a back-up or development player) and I think Tait is a close friend of Mika's.

Reply #180379 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

I think Vukona is a great player coming off the bench, adding real, fire, intesity, enery and passion but he's not a starting 5 player IMO. I wouldn't sign him if he is going to be an 8.

Reply #180382 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

Points may not be an issue for Wollongong anyway?? They need to get the best players they possibly can. I don't think there are too many other non-import SF free agents around who are better than Vukona AND would be happy playing for Wollongong

Reply #180386 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Mika is already a beast with added court time watch his stat line explode

Reply #180388 | Report this post

love life  
Years ago

he is goin to be a king my inside source tells me..

Reply #180495 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:54 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754