TR
Years ago

Donnie Walsh - the new Knicks President

Well, about damn time, Isiah has been relieved of his management duties. Last week he became the second-quickest Knicks coach to reach 100 losses.

Donnie Walsh (orginially the Pacers President for the past twenty odd years) has just signed on the dotted line to become the new President of the Knicks.

It is also rumoured that Isiah will see out the season from the bench and then be allocated a role somewhere in the front office and the reins will be handed to a new coach.

This is probably some of the best news Knicks supporters have had in years.

Best of luck Mr Walsh, you have a big big mess needing to be fixed.

Topic #15315 | Report this topic

DB5  
Years ago

Donnie, don't do it...

No matter how hard you try,

You CANNOT polish a turd.

Reply #180872 | Report this post

sharpshooter  
Years ago

What dose Mr Thomas have over Knick managment... Photos the team owners in comprimising situations with farm animals??? How do you be so incompetent and yet keep your job...

Reply #180873 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I am a Knicks fan and pleased with the news. Get rid of Isiah. Clean up the mess and bring us to the playoffs again. I want something to cheer @.

Reply #180876 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I'm going to the Showdown on Sunday and I just might wear my Knicks beanie.

Reply #180877 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Champ - I owe you - you just reminded me that I haven't done my footy tips... Phew!

Reply #180879 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Big fan of the knicks, i want to see em do well but the fact is it will take 2 years before any sort of good can come from this situation.
The team needs an identity change something chronic.

Stuff cav fans, Lebron should be a knick. Can you imagine the effect of that!!!
It will NEVER happen, but if it does, you heard it here first ;-)

More likely is the drafting of another Georgetown centre, the trading of a curry and steph for what ever they can get and the most important thing- a coach.
I wonder what Scott Skiles is up to...

Reply #180886 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Scott Skiles has been rumoured in that role for a while now.

Reply #180888 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Lebron and the Knicks has been rumoured ever since he took a short extension after his rookie contract. The Knicks are gearing for Lebron's free agency (restricted). There has been heaps of talk in NY about waiting and making a serious push for Lebron.

On the other hand, the new Brooklyn Nets will be hoping to make a run at Lebron also. Either will draw addition income to his coffers as high market locations.

If the Georgetown centre you are referring to is Roy Hibbert (I know of no other) then the Knicks will not be taking him in the top half of the lottery. He missed his chance at being a lotto pick last year. Hibbert is a mid first rounder, not a top of the lottery type pick.

My tip is Mark Jackson to take the reins of the Knicks.

Reply #180897 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I'd welcome Mark Jackson as coach with open arms.

Lebron is welcome @ NY in 2010 and I hope it happens.

Hibbet from the Hoyas is welcome.

Go Knicks!

Issac: Glad to help you out mate. I worked on all mine + NRL Fantasy team this morning. Good luck.

Reply #180915 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

TR, that would be a better choice IMO. He knows the terrain, the fans know and remember him (hometown product from memory...) and would probably get a bit more respect than Skiles who has been fired from his last 2 gigs...

Reply #180916 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Its a good move for the Knicks, the only way they can go from here is up. They have some decent youngsters on the team, and I think Randolph could work out there under the right circumstances. Although Mark Jackson is being talked about a lot as a potential future coach, I think Tom Thibodeau could do wonders for the Knicks if they were to rebuild, not really sure if he is high profile enough for the job though.

Anyone else think Isiah will be sacked as Knicks coach by the end of the season?

Reply #180944 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

Lebron to the Brooklyn Nets is also being talked about alot.

Reply #180955 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Isiah will be fired within days, but probably still coach out the season you would think since it's all over in a week.

Reply #180957 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

All Donnie has to do is not trade David Lee and cleap cap space for 2010 when LeBron will be available.

He will have told Dolan that there will be no quick fix in the next 2 seasons.

Reply #181009 | Report this post

Bobby C  
Years ago

Champ33,

What about Nathan Jawai over Roy Hibbert?

Reply #181011 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:55 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754