Isaac
Years ago

NBL POTW - Adelaide chance?

Adelaide contenders:

Farley: 21 (50%), 5 and 6 + 27 (53%) and 9.
Maher: 15 and 12 assists + 25 and 12 assists.
Rychart: 13, 7 and 4 (2 blocks, 3 steals) + 24 (53%) and 6.

Sixers win 2 of 2.

Other possibles: Rolan Roberts 23 and 9, 23 and 10 (another game in progress -- 1 of 2 so far)

Ontario Lett did well but Perth were 1 of 3 over this round (beaten in OT today by 1 point!) and he racked up masses of fouls.

Aaron Olson averaged 20+ over 3 games (Breakers went 1 of 3).

Ballinger had 26 and 6 against the Tigers, and the Hawks are currently beating the Razors; he has 10 well before half-time.

Calvary had 26 and 12 in a win over the Breakers, and the Crocs are currently beating the Kings in Sydney.

Black had 31, but the Bullets only had a single game this round. Brannen had 23 and 19.

Could this be the round where a 36ER finally picks up Player of the Week?

Maher averaged 20 and 12 assists over two winning games against top 4 teams. He gets my vote, with Farley another solid chance.

Your views?

Topic #1536 | Report this topic

yogee  
Years ago

If the crocs win, provided Calvary posts similair numbers to his game the other night, he will take it out.

Whilst impressive, I cant see any of the Adelaide stats standing out to grab the attention of the NBL media office who decree the award :)

Reply #17494 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The Crocs win came against the bottom-placed Breakers. The Crocs are currently down 44-48 to the Kings.

I think Maher's 20 PPG and 12 APG over two wins against top 4 teams stands out to me!

Reply #17496 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Oh, it stands out to me too. I guess I'm just in a very cynical and jaded mood at the moment, and couldnt see the NBL looking past one of the "flashy" imports.

Reply #17497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rychart should get it if you ask me, that first game of the week was a COMPLETE game, he had the points, rebounds and assist + 2 blocks and 4 steals is quite an effort

Reply #17501 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Brett Maher with very solid numbers against very solid competition in the cats and kings.

Farley also a strong possibility but i think Maher just over Burgess

Reply #17505 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Burgess just had 33 (73%) and 14 -- could steal it from Maher, though the Taipans did lose both games.

Reply #17509 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:08 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754