The General
Years ago

The General Talks re Torch Protests

Interesting article today by The General Phil Mao-yth. He believes in a dream world where sport and politics doesn't mix. He thinks the protesters that have disrupted the torch are out of place. Having been a torchie twice Phil reckons its just the greatest.
note: The torch relay was started by the Nazi's(1936) to promote their racist games, run Phil run!

Well Phil perhaps you do a little googling about the human atrocities the Chinese have done over the last few years alone.

While your at it take another look at what is really behind the Olympics. MONEY

Sport and politics shouldn't mix and they don't in fantasy land....but in the real world you will never seperate them, never.

Topic #15407 | Report this topic

S51  
Years ago

The protesters have ruined the torch relay.

Hundreds of people running the relay have had there once in a life time experience, their, what would have been special moment ruined by protesters (many violent). Those protesting peacefully have my full respect but the others are a pathetic bunch of people hell bent on gaining negative publicity. Yes china has human rights issues but i wouldn't say Australia is a golden child in that issues either (aboriginal people have a life expectancy at least 10 years lower).

Money is behind everything these days. Almost nothing works without money somehow involved.

The Olympics should be a celebration of the hard work of the athletes do in order just to make it. It shouldn't he hijacked by violent protesters, whom the Dali Lama has even condemned.

Reply #181958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No doubt so many of those so called protesters would not care less about human rights, just there to cause strife. Not to worry though, our fearless Prime Minister has most certainly told those Chinese guys to lay off or our 20 million Aussies will show those 1.2 billion Chinese people a thing or 2!

Reply #181964 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

is it just me or did the topic starter on here just try to blame phil for not only tibet but nazi'ism as well.

Reply #182016 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Maybe we could organize a " Running of the Clipboard " from the Dome to the former coaches residence in honor of the great man .
Ninnis can lead it off , passing to Holmes , no looker to Richard hill , onwards to son Brad Hill , between the legs to Ingles with a quick check and sign by P Bell who alley oops it to Loping Lukey S who reverse slams it into letterbox of one Volde.B.Sport .

Reply #182018 | Report this post

Frank Drebin  
Years ago

Just wondering what the basketball community in SA are doing. Or is Phillip the scapegoat. He stood up to Magic in 1992 and took a big hit from the US media over aids. And I wonder how many of you have played basketball with a "Spalding" ball. Look down at the valve. A lot of them have "made in China" written around them. What ball do they use in the NBA? Start there instead of attacking Smitty. Boycott the finals? No the player have to sacrifice, but you will all watch the games.

Reply #182030 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

"Who is this Phillip SMITH anyways?"
Actual quote from Magic Johnson after P.S criticsed him playing with AIDS.

Reply #182047 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

is it just me or did the topic starter on here just try to blame phil for not only tibet but nazi'ism as well.
Not sure about your reading comprehension there Thomo - didn't even get close to either.

Reply #182058 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

The torch relay is a advertising tool, the people carrying it are advertising tools.

So, instead of the advertising being about a harsh, corrupt and unfair goverments attempts to buy respectability, it has been changed to a recognition by the world that we..the people.. may not just stand idly by and let fascism, rascism, sexism and general abuse of ANY member of the human race exist.

I only wish I was in Canberra to perhaps take the opportunity to extinguish this flame of shame.

By the way..the olympics are a joke, drugs have ruined the competition and sadly for those who have spent years of their lives striving to be the best...every gold medal is tarnished.

:(

Reply #182142 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:47 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754