Sturty6ers
Years ago

ABL Results 12-13 April 2008

A few surprises already this weekend. The warriors over the Sabres, West beat the Championship contenders and then there was a great battle between North and Forestville.

Topic #15417 | Report this topic

Great Game  
Years ago

Forestville v North game had everything, great game to watch. Won on the last shot, Sutton going 1 of 7 from the 3 was a suprise, but hit the one that mattered. great standard of basketball. Its a pitty more people werent at the game, with teams such as Forestville, North and Norwood playing the league should do a better job of promoting these games as the standard is great.
Its a corny saying but basketball was the real winner on the night.

Reply #182033 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Does anyone know what games are on today. There are none shown on the schedule yet it was announced last night that Forestville would be playing Sturt this afternoon.

Reply #182037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

go to round 1 in the fixtures on sportingpulse. all the details have been changed.

Reply #182038 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

A bit confusing but thanks.

Reply #182042 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

In 2 games (the 2 Mavs have won) Cayla Francis has averaged 29 points, 21 rebounds and 3 Assists. Amazing Stats.

Reply #182049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood pumped Woodville by over 50 in the mens.

Reply #182062 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Southern...Lol..how things have changed..never put the cart before the horse!

Reply #182072 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I guess that means Southern wont be making an appearance at the Nationals this year.........

Reply #182086 | Report this post

Good Comp  
Years ago

Sturty6ers

Their women will.

Reply #182096 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Yeah, sorry Southern Men.......

Reply #182099 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

I see 9 players scored i ndouble figures for Norwood against Woodville - that would have to be some sort of record surely?

Reply #182102 | Report this post

??  
Years ago

The difference between the haves and have-nots is very noticeable. Some of the score lines are ridiculous.

Reply #182103 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

Yes, I think the early predictions that the finalists will not change in the men's comp could be tested. It seems that the top 3 will definitely be Norwood, North and Forestville (could be any order) but the last two spots are up for grabs. Mind you I would suggest that injuries are the only reason that Sturt (M. Ng) and West (Mann, Truslove, Molitor + more) may miss out this year.

All of Woodville, Southern, South and Centrals have played some good basketball at times this year and any one of them could slip into the finals if they can find some sort of consistency.

Reply #182107 | Report this post

Pigmy00  
Years ago

Yes, Sturt and West have injury concerns but are they the only ones?

Watching Woodville on the weekend, I noticed no Paul Rees and Adam Miller was on the bench injured...

I would've thought they'd be in the starting five but apparently they haven't played all season.

Can anyone shed any light???

Reply #182230 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

9 players in double figures is a cabl record.

Reply #182383 | Report this post

Pure Baller  
Years ago

Southen without Brad Bungey was a huge change.... without him tey were like last years eratic team but with him, legit contenders.....

Proof is in the results one would say

Reply #182542 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Yeah his 8 minutes a game before being fouled out is invaluable...

Reply #182557 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:21 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754