Isaac
Years ago

Ramon Sessions - what's his story?

Anyone know more about Ramon Sessions from the Milwaukee Bucks?

Ramon Sessions: Game Log

Up until sometime in March, he hadn't even hit the court for the Bucks but is now starting for them and delivering. He's averaged 10+ assists in the last five games, including a career high of 14.

And with any luck, he'll crap all over that today - just minutes into the second quarter against Chicago, he already has 10 assists.

So, where's he come from, was he expected to contribute this much, and why haven't they played him earlier?!

Topic #15435 | Report this topic

rotate on this  
Years ago

Ahh ! Ramon Sessions , coolest name in the NBA .

Drafted 2nd round pick 56 from Nevada in the 2007 draft Always been a solid floor general , i guess the knock on him is ability to create his own shot and lack of NBA quality 3pt shot . Spent time in the D-League and has been handed the reins with Mo sitting out the reast of season .
Should be a solid back up PG and certainly does what not many other bucks like to do except for (Bogut and Mo on occasion) , passes the rock .
Certainly has been dishing them out of late .

Reply #182272 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

Coolest name in the League, Quincy Douby!

Reply #182273 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

LLoyd , spose there would be no Sessions without a Douby.

Reply #182274 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Nice one rotate....

Isaac, I have kept an eye on this guy since Mo went down, he just keeps raising his assist total! I bet coach K wishes he put him in early in the season now!!

New crop of point guards are pretty good the last 2 or so years...I like Rondo from the Celtics as well..

Reply #182275 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

hahaha rotate!

Reply #182277 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

21 assists with 4 minutes to go. Bogut with 25 points and Bulls leading 141 to 124. Some massive scorelines in the NBA to finish the season.

Reply #182281 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Too late Chi town...

Celtics rested the big 3, and still won (although it was only against the Knicks)..

Rondo with 23 pts 10 reb 5 ast.
Cassell 22 pts 5 reb off the bench..

Reply #182284 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Sessions finishes with 25 pts 8 reb 18 ast

Reply #182286 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

DB5 try again...

Sessions actually finished with 20 points, 24 assists and 8 rebounds. Nice stats in a game where it didn't appear as much defence was played.

Sessions is a real find IMO and he will only get better as he develops his perimeter game.

Bogut sat the entire 4th quarter on 25 points and 8 rebounds, 3 assist and 2 blocks and still topped the scoring for his team!!! The coach has gotta go or Bogut should leave. That's about the 8th time this season he has prevented Bogut from getting a 30 point game and a career high score by benching him in the 4th. Bogut should go and find a team and a coach that will appreciate him.

Reply #182287 | Report this post

MAZE  
Years ago

correction, sessions finished with 20 points, 24 assists and 8 rebounds.

Reply #182288 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Larry K will not be coaching Milwaukee next year .

Reply #182289 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Wow, sorry about that, usually spot on with my stats...oops.

LC agreed about Bogut. I thought with Coach K there, he would be seeing the ball a lot more this year. I wish Chicago had him (although they would probably trade him for Ben Wallace they have gone that far backwards this year!).

Reply #182290 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

It's only since Christmas that Bogut has started to see more of the ball, but some of Coach K's subs and decisions down the stretch still baffle me.

I can sort of understand that the seaopsn end is nearing and hence playing bench players and using them as trade bait may happen, but for goodness sake - give your team MVP a chance to earn some individual Kudos! Apart from Session's late season intro to the team, Bogut has been by far and away the team's best player and the only guy to work hard on the defensive end!

Reply #182291 | Report this post

Jambo  
Years ago

Nice play(s) by Ramon:

Reply #182293 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Sessions be the reason why Mo Williams will be moved in the off season for a powerforward.

Rumour getting around is the Mo will be sent to the Heat for Udonis Haslem.

Hammond as the new GM will also improve the Bucks along with a new veteran coach. As rotate said, Larry K is a dead man walking.

This off season will be huge for the Bucks. Fingers crossed both Mo and Redd are traded, Hammond can make some great trades and they get a bit of help in the draft and snag a top 2 pick. Also time to trade Gadzuric and Simmons, even for crappy expiring contracts due to Boguts extension coming up.

Bogut has been the team MVP by a long shot this season. Redd and Mo have been confirmed as chuckers and have gone backwards. The real only bright spark for the whole season has been Boguts performance and lately the performance of Sessions and to a lesser degree Charlie V (who's still a matador on defence... terrible).

Reply #182301 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

TR - I'm with you entirely and am most impressed with your analogy of CV.

Reply #182302 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

TR _ agree on the whole but i actually thought Mo produced when Redd was out , he swung between the 1 and 2 position and the team started winning and he and Bogey were leading the charge . I think there is room for Williams , just need to off Redd .

Reply #182304 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

If they do decide to keep Williams then he's the perfect 6th man. I don't think he's a starting point guard. Maybe a stop-gap starting SG against other small backcourts, but I'd rather see them use Mo as the scorer of the bench.

Problem with Mo is he can't do a Paul/Nash/Deron and score his 20 points along with 10-12 assists. With Mo it's either one or the other, and his shot selection is very questionable. The Bucks ain't good enough to run two chuckers on the court at the same time and still win.

I'm hoping they get the chance to select Rose (not Mayo, another shoot first pg), make him the starter backed up by Sessions. Trade Redd for another SG and Mo is the first of the bench at either the 1 or 2. Mo will still get his minutes, ala Ben Gordon.

They really need some help defensively at every position bar the 5.

Reply #182306 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Coach K is gone. Carlisle likely to take over.

LC, I wouldn't blame Coach K for Bogut not getting 30 (well, today you can...). Blame that on (mostly) Redd, and to a lesser extent Mo. Not only are the Bucks unable to go with the hot hand, once the 4th quarter kicks in, it's Redd time. They're not a very smart team.

Mo is gone. Redd may be kept if they can't get a good deal. The big factor is their contracts. For Redd to go, a team would be accepting a guy who can only score and is on a max contract. Mo's contract is much more appealing.

Reply #182309 | Report this post

PHD in SHot  
Years ago

ok i agree Redd needs to go but who would they try and trade 4 wat teams have a player that will fit into the bucks and have the salary for redd?
wat do ppl think

Reply #182351 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Redd isn't going to net the Bucks all that much. They need a trading parter that is borderline or mid playoff team that needs that final push.

Maybe a team like the Warriors would look at him (Baron/Buike for Redd/Gadzuric + 2nd).

His contract is as bad as his defence.

Reply #182375 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

If I were Redd's contract, I'd be offended by that....

:D

Reply #182382 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:54 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754