Big Sexy
Years ago

Aaron Bruce a Sixer, how likely?

In Boti's article today Ninnis mentioned that they were talking to Bruce, I think Bruce will be a fantastic player in the NBL but what chance do the sixers have at actually getting him?

Topic #15436 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

In reality, not likely to happen.
AB is exploring his NBA options and will likely take part in the pre-draft camp although I can't see him get picked up.
He is likely to go home to Melbourne and play with the Dragons or Tigers. 36ers are probably 3rd in line for his signature.

Reply #182305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers are really weak at PG and will likely have no free import spots to cover - they'll go after him bad.

Dragons have Goorjian and are weak at PG as well, but they have an import spot up their sleeve. They've also spent the cap on the last three signings alone. I'd imagine they'll go hard after him, but not into a silly bidding war.

Reply #182307 | Report this post

hoop fiend  
Years ago

I saw Aaron play for Australia against NZ and i am pretty sure Goorj benched him for the game for throwing a behind the back pass in a 3 on 2 fast break {that scored!} so i dont think he will be going to the Dragons...

Reply #182308 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Wow, Goorj took him off once? He must hate him. And the feelings must be mutual.....

Reply #182310 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

nice.

Reply #182311 | Report this post

MAZE  
Years ago

haven't seen very much of his game, but from the video, shows he can shoot, but how does he control a game?

Reply #182312 | Report this post

M-Wills  
Years ago

So sad..so sad. I nearly cry when I hear about Aaron Bruce. So sad that in his freshman year, he was such a great player, then by his senior year, he wasn't even a starter. Do you think he regrets his decision, not to leave to try his hand at the NBA after his freshman year?
He surely would have had a better chance of making the NBA after his freshman year, then what he has now. Now his chances of the NBA are slim.

Reply #182322 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

Agreed, guys need to nominate when they are being talked about (and still young - not many juniors or seniors get drafted anymore - only the absolute standouts).

Newley nominated a year too late, as did Ingles.

Jawai must nominate this year.

Reply #182334 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I heard Jawai is definitely going to nominate, but Ingles is holding off until next year as his stocks have dropped due to his poor season. He will get to work with Goorj now though whcih will help him

Reply #182344 | Report this post

M-Wills  
Years ago

The longer Ingles waits the lower his chances of making it continue to decrease. NBA teams want rookies who are as young as possible.

Reply #182361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles needs to have a great off-season over there and really impress. Then back it up with an absolute blinder of a season back here to get seriously back on the radar.
Juror is right tho, gotta nominate when you are hot. Teams love drafting on POTENTIAL.

Reply #182371 | Report this post

Graeme LeBroy  
Years ago

I think AB wanted to get a full college degree under his belt as well as play good bball. If you were that good as a freshman, one would only think you would get better with experience, unfortunately with him it didn't work out that way which is a huge disappointment, and obviously a hinderence to his NBA chances.

A great fella who deserved more... Would love to see him in a 36ers singlet, however I doubt it due to his love of Victoria and strong family connection.

Reply #182415 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

AB has virtually no shot at being picked up in the draft. He will be a great rookie but I think he is a bit over rated here. Look for Steve Weigh to impress over Bruce.

Reply #182418 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

And you're basing that off what, exactly?

Reply #182419 | Report this post

tickle  
Years ago

Bruce was never a chance to make the NBA, might as well play out your four seasons of free college and get some freaky ass booty.

Reply #182511 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

Love the "Rocky" music on the vid........!!!

Reply #182613 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Nicely put pickle tickle .

Reply #182651 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:18 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754