nba ballr
Years ago

Darius Miles Waived by the Blazers

Darius Miles has been waived by the Portland Trailblazers after a doctor deemed his Knee Injury to be in he catorgary of"career ending" If fit he will be free to sign with another team next year though.

Blazers have been trying to dump him for 2 years now.

A great talent just alot of off court issues and injuries have hampered his short career.

Topic #15439 | Report this topic

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Yeah interesting one this one. He is free to sign with another NBA team if he can. If he never does, the money does not count to the Blazer's cap.

If he makes a comeback and someone signs him and he plays some amount of minimum games (can't remember exactly, it was like 10 or something), his wage will count against the Blazer's cap. Read this a few days ago, but can't find a reference at this point.

So the Blazers must be massively hoping he never plays again!!

I reckon a few teams would invite him to training camp to have a look at him, but doubt he will get signed unless he has made a massive recovery...

Reply #182338 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

i read that same article on ESPN.com.....

Miles signed a six-year, $48 million contract in 2004. By waiving him, the remaining two years and $18 million on his contract come off the team's salary cap. If Miles signs with another team after being waived and plays in 10 games in any one of the next two seasons, his salary would go back on Portland's books.

Link here....
http://linky.com.au/ves2b

Reply #182355 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Whether he gets another NBA gig depends largely on how much his knee problems have hampered his athleticism. Without it he doesn't really have much else to attract teams at this point.

Reply #182356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Widely reported he lacks the commitment to make a comeback and rehad properly. If the Blazers finally waived him, they must be confident he is done for good. Too bad... I would've loved to be blessed with his size and talent.

Reply #182369 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

i heard he doesnt love the game, just the lifestyle of an nba player. not suprised to see this, he's got his money now thats all he ever wanted.

Reply #182433 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

So where does that leave Portland? Do they go and sign another decent player with that $9 Mill a year for two years and hope he doesn't play??? If he does, are they then stuffed and have to pay both players and then really be hit with salary cap issues???

Reply #182453 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Man i would hate to be his bong right now.
I'b be getting smashed hard.

Reply #182483 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:31 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754