NBA
Years ago

2008 NBA Playoffs "fear" Commercial

Pretty cool bunch of commercials for this years playoffs:

Topic #15440 | Report this topic

They could have put someone good next to Nash

Reply #182376 | Report this post

But seriously, does anyone else find these really awkward to watch? I can't stand watching something the actor (or in this case, the athlete) is staring right into the camera

Reply #182377 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Nah your off with the fairies, they are great adds! Loved the comparison players too, if nash was to be with any other guy, perhaps Dirk, simply cos they are great friends.....oh and he was the MVP last season haha!!!

Reply #182380 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

Shut your face ELG. At least Kidd can play defence. Did anyone find it creepy that all of them blinked at the same time?

Reply #182381 | Report this post

NBA  
Years ago

wow I didnt even notice the blinking.

How did they manage that? Im guessing it must have been done in post production via digital FX etc?

Reply #182408 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I liked last year's better, though these ones are quite effective.

Main thing I took from them is that it's just an awareness campaign - the finals start on this day. NBL need to do the same thing before their season starts.

Reply #182439 | Report this post

NBA  
Years ago

Couldnt agree more Isaac... A-League did it well.

Reply #182523 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

There's actually an article in AdNews about marketing and the sport landscape in Australia that references exactly that - "It's football, but not as you know it." It mentions the gradual slide to insignificance of the NBL as well (as all articles about sport and business love to do).

Reply #182536 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:09 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754