rookie
Years ago

Will the NBL still be on Fox?

im confused thought there was no nbl on fox this season. Was just on fox sports web site and there was an advertisement at the end of one of the articles i was reading DONT MISS A DUNK AND GET FOXTEL FOR ALL THE BEST NBL THIS SUMMER more details here. Clicked on more details and it just tells you how to suscribe. Anyone have any updates?

Topic #15442 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure what that exact ad was about, but the NBL and Foxtel are still in negotiations for their coverage for the coming season. Despite what some have reported, I would remain confident that there will still be an NBL presence on Fox this coming season.

Reply #182367 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Well I've written to 7, 9, 10, ABC and SBS requesting they take up the NBL if Foxtel decides against signing a new deal.

Apart from sending to Adelaide, I also sent to Syd and Melb @ 7, 9 and 10.

Reply #182391 | Report this post

Person in need  
Years ago

ABC should pick it up. They've already got the WNBL, why not have both

Reply #182409 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

ABC are required to show WNBL, if they weren't required, the would dump it quick smart.

Reply #182417 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

D16, why would they do that?

Reply #182425 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Viewer count might not be that high?

Reply #182438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why are the ABC required to show the WNBL?

Reply #182474 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Something about a requirement to show local womens sport, I think.

Reply #182478 | Report this post

New  
Years ago

NBL will NOT be on Fox, Carfino has already been told that he is out of a job as they won't be showing it again.

Local TV channels will be able to show games, but I doubt ny of them will unless the clubs chase up sponsors for ads.

Reply #182494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is the only confirmation you have heard from Carfino? And was it from the man himself or is this hearsay?
According to the NBL, negotiations are still in progress.

Reply #182554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it would be an adelaide channel could make a local deal to show some sixers games.

Whta limitation does Foxtel create with the free o air coverage? Did they have exclusive coverage last season?

Reply #182585 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

could fox be delaying announcing to avoid b/ball fan subscribers dropping their subscriptions and keeping them on the hook as long as possible?
I will dump fox if nbl goes.

Reply #182588 | Report this post

New Name  
Years ago

Flatshot, you and 9 others will do that. I don't think FOX cares about $1000 a month worth of subscriptions.

Reply #182590 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not much else you can do but vote with your wallet.

Reply #182591 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:38 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754