lol
Years ago

Would Isiah Thomas be a good coach in the NBL?

Considering he lead the Knicks to a downfall, and has put them in financial cap situations and disaster.

However, the NBL is E-Grade basketball and is full of NBA rejects... so maybe he would be a good coach in the NBL if he coached some team??

Topic #15457 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Better than Ben Melmeth as a player in the NBA.

Reply #182527 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

He's a decent coach, I could tolerate that. But I'd hate it if he took over some office duties somewhere.
He'd be worth a shot. I'd still want his autograph and picture.

Reply #182528 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Isiah Who?

Reply #182533 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

Its a bit moot since his ego could never tolerate having to coach in the NBL.

He is a somewhat passable offensive coach and scout. But even in those two areas, his first coaching position with the Pacers, they were leading the league before the allstar game, then teams started to scout Isiah's offense better and they fell in a hole in the 2nd half of the season.

He has been responsible for drafting a handful of good players, but also made some shockers, mainly insisting that the Pacers draft Fred Jones instead of Tayshaun Prince.

Reply #182534 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

I don't think there's enought useless, fat, overpaid rejects and assorted malcontents in Australia to fill a roster to his satisfaction ... and he can only bring two with him ...

Reply #182548 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Well said Melvin, but his coming to Australia might extend the careers of Pero Cameron and Tony Ronaldson.

Reply #182564 | Report this post

M-Wills  
Years ago

Why does everyone think he is a bad coach?? He isn't THAT bad. He has a poor rooster. That's all. Obviously he would know his stuff as a coach. That's why he was selected as knicks coach in 1st place.

Reply #182724 | Report this post

M-Wills  
Years ago

Why does everyone think he is a bad coach?? He isn't THAT bad. He has a poor rooster. That's all. Obviously he would know his stuff as a coach. That's why he was selected as knicks coach in 1st place.

Reply #182725 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Yeah but M-Wills he built the roster you noodle .

Reply #182726 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He has a poor rooster. That's all.
That cracked me up.

Reply #182732 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

That rooster certainly needs some attention , quick somebody call a dooctor .

Reply #182736 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:43 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754