Isaac
Years ago

Rick Brunson recent stats

Many of you will remember the ex-36ER import Rick Brunson from 1996, now playing for the Clippers in the NBA.

Recently, he's been getting more court time in the absense of injured Marko Jaric. Here are his stat-lines from his last five games for the Clippers:

17 points, 6 rebounds, 8 assists
7 points, 8 assists
5 points, 4 assists
7 points, 4 assists
18 points, 6 rebounds, 10 assists

Not too bad...

Topic #1548 | Report this topic

Ozzie  
Years ago

Was just about to post about this...
Todays stats were 18 points, 8 rebounds and 4 assists.

Not bad.

Reply #17642 | Report this post

Jo Jo English  
Years ago

Had a good game today too. Hit a match winning 3 against the Nuggets.

Reply #17643 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Who was his game when he got 18, 6 and 10 against and how many mins?

Reply #17661 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Against the Hornets in 44 minutes.

Game by game stats

Reply #17669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he is heavily underrated if he an produce stats like those

Reply #17670 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Could always play with the bulls, knicks etc just lacked time and opportunity which he is getting now

Reply #17692 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

he is over rated i think.if he was any good he would be at a far better team.lucky he has elton brand to finish off otherwise his assist count would be far lower.good luck to him...

Reply #17708 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Brunson is a good NBA backup player, hence he never really got significant minutes. He has been happy playing 3rd even 4th guard on a teams roster and has still been producing in his limited minutes, good to see him getting some more time this season and even better to see him get 18 points, even if it is against the New Orleans :-)

Reply #17728 | Report this post

Court Marshall  
Years ago

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think he qualifies for NBA pension (been in the league for over 10 years) which means he gets guaranteed income FOR LIFE! Not bad for someone who is a good back up player. I thought he was awesome when he played for us.

Reply #17731 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

cheezeburger, have you heard of "Tall Poppy Syndrome" ? Every single quality player mentioned on these boards would feel it coming straight from your mouth!

Reply #17736 | Report this post

Jomo  
Years ago

I wouldn't mind playing 4th guard on any NBA team, minium salary is at least $440,000 USD.Hell, I'd carry the water around for that kind of cash!!!

Reply #17740 | Report this post

warthog  
Years ago

i liked him when he played here but i have always been staggered that he has found a home in the nba when darnell mee didn't last past two seasons

Reply #17741 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I think if darnell was a little younger he would be picked up by the NBA but why he wasn't when he was playing with adelaide and winning 2 defensive player of the year awards is beyond me!

Reply #17748 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

A mate of mine has the KB Basketball Card!! Didn't Darnell get picked up by a team but got cut?

Reply #17756 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

so what other random player are you building up now libertine? whats that random Syndrome you reakon?

Reply #17764 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Cheezeburger

WTF are you on about? Maybe just stick to Gun Dad posts.

Reply #17766 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

go pluck the cat from your hat.libertine passed a rare comment 'Tall Poppy Syndrome'.WTF does that mean?.i didnt bag brunson.hes a good back up player good luck to him.

Reply #17770 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Darnell played with KB at the Nugs, early '90s style.

All about opportunities. Donald Whiteside made the NBA, and I'd hardly consider him better than some other imports we've had over here.

Reply #17772 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Well it does makes you wonder, if Farley couldn't make the NBA this year, how Newley is going to make it in the future. Right time/right place ie Whiteside/Brunson I guess.

Reply #17777 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Farley was 28 when he tried out and i suppose most teams aren't too keen to pick him up when he isn't going to play more than 5 years.

Unless your are a dead eye dick like gaze in 99 i don't think many will get picked up

Reply #17793 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

What about Rick Barry's son- Jon! He was pretty terrible over here for Sydney and is still playing over there!!!

Reply #17799 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

true but i think because he was already in the league before he came here they knew what they were getting with jon.

good comeback though

Reply #17803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ive got a darnell and KB nba card ;)

Reply #17885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've got a Copeland nba card is it worth anything???

Reply #17887 | Report this post

pioneer  
Years ago

Dave Simmons the renown writer for ESPN internet site has this to request about Brunson (even though Simmons is a big Celtics fan, and originally comes from Boston, he now lives in LA and has bought himself and his wife season tickets to the clippers)-

"Does it get any better than looking at the schedule and saying, "Wow, Seattle on Wednesday night, Miami on Friday night!" I think not. Although I really feel that any time the Clippers start Rick Brunson during a home game, we should get a 25% discount on our tickets. Let's make this a rule."

There is another article on Simmons's site explaining what he really thinks of Brunson (not good) but unfortunately it's a pay site.

Bottom line he has no time for Brunson.

Seems that Brunson has grabbed his chance since Clippers main point guard (Sean Livingston) is injured, but his play is being questioned by many over in the States

Reply #18542 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I think cheezeburger is going to take out dumbest post of the year. As if you have never heard of tall poppy syndrome?

Every team has good finishers, but it doesn't mean their PG will lead league in assists. Take Brett Maher. We have no big finishes, he just makes the right pass.

Brunson is hitting 18 pointns AND 8 assists. Thats pretty good

Reply #18550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brunson is a Boston Boy and I am surprised Simmons did him like he did

Reply #32855 | Report this post

jay  
Years ago

im a brunson fan!!!!!!! brunson 4 evahhhhh

Reply #38122 | Report this post

Weeze  
Years ago

Ricky's a great guy and he deserves all the goo things that happen to him. I went to the same High school he did and he is still the same down to earth guy he has allways been. Good luck Rick

Reply #47801 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:04 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754