curtley
Years ago

Deron williams quote

I was talking to a friend of mine who went to college at illinois while deron williams was there, when he was in a bar with some people some female friends while under the influence went up to deron who was a cordoned off area of the bar and asked if he´d make out with one of them, Deron replied ´´Deron Williams doesn´t make out with bitches, Deron Williams f&cks bitches´´. Quality.

Topic #15487 | Report this topic

Kriss  
Years ago

What the hell was the point of that...

Reply #182942 | Report this post

sixersfan  
Years ago

No, that's funny...must think he's the NBA's version of Chuck Norris!

Reply #182944 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

haha deron stamps his orthority.

Reply #182948 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Gee this is a classy post!

Reply #182951 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

haha nah I liked the story. This is what these sort of athletes would be like. I'm sure they don't struggle to get a date

Reply #182959 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

The world we live is too soft. Too politically correct. It great to see someone not care and say what he wants. I hope he hasn't changed since coming to the L. I know this is a bit off topic, but people were saying that Barry Hall should be charged with assult. Someone gave someone else a haymaker in the 80's no one would of cared. And you might have only got 2 weeks for it as well, if that.
WORLD, HARDEN UP!!!

Reply #182963 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Bolks, what is the difference of someone getting punched in the face in a sport or in the street? Nothing! So by playing a sport you get an exception to the law? So with your theory a player could purposely break another guys neck and you would be fine with that because it is happening during a sports game! Idiot!

Reply #182968 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

agree bolks, aussies need to toughen up. doesnt it just frustrate you how soft the world has become and a classic example is the afl.

Reply #182969 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

KingJames, watch your mouth boy. By memory, Barry Hall didn't break Stakers neck. Point taken about the thing in the street though. If you got taken out in the street you would have something to complain about because you weren't doing anything. And I'm not saying that athletes are above the law, becsaue they're not, but i'm saying that people are too politcally correct these days and can't go around sueing people becasue you got hurt in a physical sport. If this had happened in he 80's nothing would had happened, why the change to now? If you play this game, you have to be willing to take physical contact. Remember, this is not netball.

Reply #182985 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

well how often in the street does barry hall get held onto, grabbed and not get his personal space by a bloke?
i dont agree with him punching but still, charging with assault is just beyond a joke

Reply #182993 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Bolks, taking a knock in the flow of the game ("because you got hurt in the physical sport" as you put it) is totally different form being king hit and knocked out when you're not defending yourself. It disturbs me that you think this sort of behavior is acceptable simply because they would have got away with it in the 80s.

Do you think fluro tights and ra ra skirts are okay to wear now because they were acceptable in the 80s?

Reply #182994 | Report this post

My god. i had know idea that it was that bad in the 80's. Hey, billo i didn't make you angry. Look, i believe that it wasn't acceptable what Hall did, but the point that i'm trying to get across is that i think people tend over react too much these days. i mean if staker wasn't giving me my own personal space i wuoldn't be happy. I certainly wouldn't have king hitted him, and hall should have handled much differently. What has taken me two bloody posts to write is exactlly what Boom Patrol has written.

Reply #183002 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Let me just state, Deron has now become my favourite player of all time.

Reply #183033 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Physical contact in the spirit of the game is one thing. Blatantly punching someone in the face is quite different.

Reply #183065 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Did someone say Mark Worthington

Reply #183067 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

KingJames - the law says that you cannot "consent" to being assaulted. However, tehre are a number of exceptions, such as:

tattooing
walking down the street and brushing past someone
sports

However, lets say you accept a fight in the middle of the street by someone who has challenged you and you punch each others lights out, you will both still be charged with assault because you cannot "consent" to that, by law.

To answer your question, the difference is when someone steps onto a football field they "consent" to being assaulted and the law recognises this. There are some cases where the physical contact was far too extreme or behind the play that someone can get charged with assault whilst playing sport, but these cases are rare. Whether Hall's punch crosses that line according to the law, who knows, it possibly could, but it is a bit of a grey area.

Reply #183075 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

So KingJames how come boxers aren't going to court after every fight?

Obviously punching isn't a main element of football but if you're gonna play it, you've gotta be prepared to take a hit, especially if you keep holding someone up like Staker was.

Reply #183166 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Oh yeah those Mormons would be all over Deron hahahaha

Reply #183179 | Report this post

Borgs  
Years ago

Let me get this straight... someone here said that they know someone who knows someone who said that someone said something. I rest my case, your honour.

Reply #183857 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:00 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754