richard
Years ago

Jordie Kies

I remember coaching against him as Brons little brother a couple of years ago in school ball for Faith, he had good battles with a kid in my team called Matty White, I thought Jordie had unbelievablke potential, but havent heard much about him lately, being a couple of year levels younger. Anyone know how hes going?

Topic #1552 | Report this topic

post d  
Years ago

+absolute gun, the 2nd best point guard in junior Sa ball ( behind team mate Ryan Kersten). Should have been chosen for an AIS Scholarship this year but didnt get to show his worth at the 18 Nationals in Townsville as he was a very ,very sick young man during the tourney.Jordy has a great feel for the game and is one of the toughest defenders on the ball. a true point guard who doesnt care how many shots a game he takes, he makes his team mates look even better

Reply #17785 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

You know what I realised? North has produced the premier PG (or one of them), of the junior mens district comps for the last 4 years.

Zorich (Gerlach, Smyth), Burdon (NG, Webber, Braithwaite), Kersten (Boal?), Kies (Craddock, Ingles). Impressive.

Reply #18018 | Report this post

richard  
Years ago

Libertine,
I think you may find that this is sort of true for not only the PGs, but other positions, as north have been the dominating club for juniors around this age. If only the quality coaching lasted longer and more thorough at NCT, that could have been a little diminshed

Reply #18114 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

No - the point is - they always have the best or one of the best PGs in the league - add in Brenton Campbell as well from a few years back (82/83 group?)/

Reply #18173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Campbell was a Tigers junior, wasn't he? Don't you mean Sullivan(82) ????

Reply #18201 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Other way round, yup.

Reply #18308 | Report this post

richard  
Years ago

Regardless, anymore info anyone has on how Jordie is going these days I would be glad to get. So he didnt get a scholasrhip to the tute coz he was sick for the nationals?

Reply #18960 | Report this post

jjj  
Years ago

i know he is in the under 20 state squad along with 5 other first years. they are down to the last 13 players. congrats to all the guys - GO SA!!.

Reply #19770 | Report this post

Years ago

he is a bloody gun

Reply #52752 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:28 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754