Nick
Years ago

CJ Bruton Heads To Europe

Just been reported on nbl.com.au the CJ Bruton will be heading overseas to play in Europe. Bruton informed new Brisbane General Manager Brian Kerle and Head Coach Joey Wright of his intentions to leave the NBL club to follow offers he has received from Europe.

Brisbane should be a fair bit weaker this season without Ebi and CJ unless they can land some major signings. One of the NBL's strongest ever teams didn't stay together for very long did it.

Topic #15524 | Report this topic

the_champ33  
Years ago

Bullets will be weak indeed without CJ & Ere. Doubt they can find some big names to cover them.
See how the team goes now.

Reply #183264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does CJ have to give back the ABC learning centre they gave him?

Reply #183268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sorry i must of missed it where has Ebi gone?

Reply #183269 | Report this post

drb  
Years ago

i think you can assume that the 'secret payments'will no longer exisit under the new owners, hence the exodus of ebi and bruton and i suggest maybe another marquee player.

All we need to do now is clean up the tigers and carins as there is no way they are under the salary cap and players would be recieving secret payments.

Reply #183272 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

oh for god's sake, get over it and your verbal dribble!
you guys are bitter and nasty beyond belief!

Reply #183275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well, duh!, it's exactly why these guys are leaving.

Reply #183277 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

whatever.
that's your ignorant opinion.
i'm glad that if they can't reach a deal here,(with the enormous amount of change and uncertainty we've had in the off-season- did anybody tell you about any of THAT?) then they don't want to play for your team either!
catty schoolgirls!

Reply #183278 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

Fox Sports Link to Report

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23579730-23769,00.html

Sam-Mac requested to be released from contract

Bullets think they can resign Ere

Reply #183282 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Duh, you don't seriously believe that they were under the cap do you? Take away the big deals and the appeal diminishes.

Love your "if he won't play for me, I'm glad he isn't playing for you" line followed by "catty schoolgirls" - if only you were joking!

Reply #183285 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

isaac, i don't think anybody is under the cap, but everybody is so eager to bullets-bash at any given opportunity.
somewhere in amongst that story, a great player is leaving our shores- nobody seems to care other than to twist that story and to hang crap on the team because they think they're experts on inside knowledge.
i myself acknowledged the other week that we had been spoilt- but when are you guys gonna stop whining about it and get over it?
are we going to be forced into this coversation until we're in our 80's and living in a retirement village?
it's just stupid and those of you that really can't let go of your bullets-bashing really need to go get some therapy instead of taking pleasure hanging crap on the same team over and over again- it's very old and small-minded.

Reply #183297 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

oh and by the way-
the boys that have left and continue to leave, wouldn't even be in this situation where they have to ask to be released from their contracts if an owner (outside their control) hadn't had sudden financial problems.
they obviously have to fit themselves around other teams that have already started picking their roster, so naturally they can't wait forever.
it is not a case of they don't want to play here and gee, it 'didn't last long, did it?'.
who here thinks they knew that groves was going under BEFORE it even happened?
exactly- NOBODY.
quit your insensitive and ignorant whining and obsession with shitting on another team in order to feel good about yourselves.
none of the decisions the bullets and their families are having to make are easy, so if you take an enormous amount of pleasure in that, then you're sick in the head and need help.

Reply #183302 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

duh! - I think you will find the same applies to the Tigers and Crocs and this has been well documented and discussed on this site and others. It's a genuine discussion point when a player like CJ leaves - isn't WHY he's leaving a relevant topic? Why go Europe now? For money I'd say - money that was available to him at the Bullets oitside of the cap, and that has dried up with the unfortunate Eddy Groves saga. What's the problem with discussing it on a basketball forum?

Reply #183305 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Duh, highlight the contentious posts before your first in this thread? It could be that you're reading tone into posts that might not necessarily be there.

There was one line (potentially just a joke) about an ABC Learning Centre and the rest were pretty tame.

As thedoctor has said, everyone cops it on a forum at some stage. There are fans who hate Goorjian, hate the Kings, talk about Seamus, the Tigers, the Taipans, want the Slingers or Breakers out of the league, think Fisher was a useless coach, loved or hated Phil, think admin at various clubs is terrible, hates the food, thinks the entertainment is poor or the car parking too expensive, or that the 36ers suck for not busting the cap more. And that's just the NBL. Don't cry as though the Bullets are the only ones to cop a bit of criticism, wear a few jokes, or whatever.

CJ Bruton left the Kings for Europe and ended up at Brisbane (having escaped his contract in Sydney). If he ends up where he was originally headed, or bails and goes to Perth - so be it. Sorry that the five people who posted before you didn't care enough for your liking.

What sort of comment would you have liked? Shame that Eddy can no longer finance the team to keep CJ and Ebi in the NBL? Shame that CJ is going where the money is because he has a finite career? Maybe as a Brisbane fan you can write something about it?

Sick in the head? Who, the person who wrote that they were glad a departing Bullet wouldn't be in the league to suit for another franchise? You need to relax.

Reply #183315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about when Adelaide were found guilty of being over the salary cap - glass houses and all that!

Reply #183330 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

i didn't throw crap on any other team anon, so i don't think i should wear what somebody else thought of adelaide at the time.
i didn't throw crap on other teams- the only person i ever made a joke about was anstey.
if cj or anybody else wants to chase money, that's their business- our assumptions of what they do and don't do aren't subject to approval.

Reply #183332 | Report this post

Blazefan  
Years ago

Duh, as a lifelong Gold Coast basketball supporter I know you understand this gives me formal priviledges to bullet-bash whenever I like (not that I have ever done so on this forum so far).

So to all non-Blaze posters who continue to bullet-bash, how dare you!!! Please stop now!!!

Switching back to topic, what's the situation between BK and CJ? Given that BK has basically know CJ since birth, I would have thought there was some 'love' between them. I suppose 'love' don't pay the bills.

Reply #183341 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

I am upset that CJ is leaving even though @ the same time I don't blame him for chasing or accepting bigger pay checks elsewhere.

I like CJ and enjoy watching him play. He's one bloke I always look forward to seeing @ The Dome.

Reply #183347 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

i like every nbl team for different reasons, so i feel no need to bash them.
there might come a day where hardly any of them can afford to hang around because the nbl has bricks for brains.
will i then have to choose a team other than my beloved bullets if things don't work out?
absolutely!
because there isn't enough ball coverage in this country as it is.
i love the game primarily, and the bullets team (nbl) secondarily.
so enough already.....

Reply #183358 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

i know one of the issues that some of the players have a problem with (and for this, i think they need a smack in the face) is that kerlie wants them back out and developing the game- ie, coaching clinics, public appearances, more interviews, etc.
some of them are not happy with that, yet want to negotiate better contracts.
to them i say, where do you think those better salaries come from?
it comes from nurturing the game that nurtured you.
or if it didn't nurture you, then be part of the solution instead of the problem.
let's face it- most people would rather hang with their families or mates or at the pub if they could.
they were told they were gonna have increased responsibilities off the court if they want to stay.
the broncos, lions, etc do a crapload more to get the game promoted than the bullets- that's a fact.

Reply #183367 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

This should be required by the league of all players at all clubs. No secret exemptions (e.g., an owner saying "Don't worry, we won't make you do them.") - random audits or something could help there. Keep a log with the league of all appearances/visits and randomly ring a school or business to see if so and so showed up like they're supposed to, or if a development player was sent in their spot.

Reply #183369 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

PLEASE see this thread:

http://www.hoops.com.au/sa/i.cfm/forumlist/4055/

Reply #183418 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:43 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754