Anonymous
Years ago

Bad Reporting re 36ers/Dome

Is it slack reporting from Boti in regards to the sale of the 36ers considering its official? or is he on holidays and the advertiser is to pathetic to mention anything adout it. Personally I think it is pretty big news.

Topic #15539 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Official?

Because someone on this site claims it's done then that makes it official?

I think you'll find Boti hasn't reported that the Dome or 36ers have been sold because the truth is they haven't!

Reply #183397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dont know about the Dome but the 36ers are sold, and its not from this site.

Reply #183399 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

It was in saturdays advertiser. Boti article ;
' Sixers deny sale '

Reply #183400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sixers full of bullshit once again!!!

Reply #183402 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

As a reporter, how do you propose that he reports the supposed real story without confirmation from the seller or the buyer?

If you're referencing Peregrine, the apparent buyer isn't even in the country AFAIK?

Reply #183408 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I liked ECs comment, on the rumour thread, that a sale is not doom and gloom.
Eddy has lost his fortune. Why run and hide?
If Mal is seeking some other investment, it is good.

Reply #183413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think that the 36ers are in great shape and have good people running it, this thread is not about any doom and gloom with the 36ers. It is just about wanting to know whats happening to this great club in regards to ownership considering we have never known the truth about it since it was first sold.

Reply #183420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac, as a reporter you would think he should have a little inside infomation considering he has been reporting on the 36ers for about 20 years now, thats what this thread is really about.

Reply #183421 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

why would boti report something without confirmation and risk#an ongoing relationship built up over 20 years?

Reply #183424 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Last time I traded emails (recently) with Boti about the Dome/36ers, I didn't get the impression he was aware of any sale. To the person who's confident one or both have sold, who do you think they've sold too?

You're not referencing the Marino rumour, are you?

I am quite confident that neither have been sold.

Reply #183426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dome, no idea, 36ers the Peregrine Corporation.

Reply #183429 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Isaac, can you put a ban on the word "official" please? Lately it has been used too much without any merit.

Reply #183439 | Report this post

New Name  
Years ago

I have a good relationship with the Shahins and can confirm that Mal wants Sam to invest/buy the team, but Sam will only do this if Mal stays to run the club which he doesn't want to do.

Reply #183444 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

EC, if it's "official", it will be on the NBL or 36ers websites or you will go by another source you trust. Otherwise, take it with a grain of salt.

Reply #183453 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Who is reporting bad things?

Nothing is close to be official and just because a radio station took a call from someone saying the deal was done and another posted a rumour which is true ( new injections of funds are being sought, just like the Crows are seeking more funds from the government etc) does not make any sale official in the slightest.

New Name is on the money and that is about the extent of it, others have put their hand up if needed, as a lot of people want to see the sixers and basketball in this state a success.

Reply #183483 | Report this post

raytri  
Years ago

Why is everyone worried and who cares anyway. We have some great signings , 'Balls' for one and some great Sth Aussie talent coming into the team and maybe Hodge to come. Looking pretty good to me. I'm sure when and if it happens we will all find out soon enough.

Reply #183490 | Report this post

joker  
Years ago

Sam maybe interested in buying the 36ers but is smart enough to wait for a good deal.He definately would not be interested in buying it and having Mal run it. He doesnt do it now, time will show he doesnt run it well.Sam will run his own show if he buys it at all.

Reply #183492 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

your not a midnight toker there joker,

Reply #183572 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:26 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754