duh!
Years ago

the bullets just get weirder by the hour!

in one breath, the article from fox sports says that they will re-sign ebi, then goes on to say that they hope to be successful in doing so.
my guess is with a bit more money to share around with sam's departure, they can pick up a local kid or someone who won't command the price that sam did to fill the void.

ok, after a successful linky post in the recent past, when i click on need to add a link, it does nothing!
flash in the pan!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23579730-23769,00.html

sorry isaac

Topic #15541 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

http://linky.com.au/8petw

worked for me matee.

Reply #183405 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

thanks mate.
most days it doesn't work for me and then all of a sudden it will.
today's one of those days where it digs it's heels in.

Reply #183409 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

this sounds like bullet-bashing

Reply #183422 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It mentions Boucher leaving as well:

Boucher, who has decided he wants to remain with his family in New Zealand instead of return alone for another season with the Bullets, could continue his NBL career with the Breakers.
Not sure where they'd find the points, unless he's Vukona's replacement and they don't find someone to start at centre (and shift Rickert to PF)?

Reply #183432 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

duh!, name me a local kid that would fill the void left by Mackinnon.

Reply #183438 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Leroy Loggins.......

Reply #183445 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

yep so far it looks like ebi (likely, but joey's getting more confident by the day to re-sign him he now says) cj, sam, boucher and bradshaw.
that's what we know of so far.
today's newspaper report of sam's departure is getting ugly:
i'm reading right now and it quotes in part:

Mackinnon, 31, who led the Bullets to the 2006-07 NBL title and played a role in the club finding a new owner following Eddy Groves decision to sell up, described the brief announcement as "classless".
"I'm the captain of the club," the former MVP said. "To be treated like that (they gave a one line statement advising of his departure) ... if that's the way they want to do it, if they think I didn't do too much for the club, that's their choice."
"I don't know what I've done to deserve that- they obviously didn't see me as a priority."

"There's so much uncertainty due to his knee, that it's not something that you can spend that much money on- it was a no-brainer" Wright said.
"We still didn't get clarity at the end of the season what was wrong with his knee, and there's no better player than Sam Mack, but Sam Mack with a bad knee, as you saw last year, there are a lot of people better."

As for Bruton, he said the Bullets did their best to keep him.
Brutons's decision to reject Brisbane's offer was met with understanding and compassion.
"I've got to take care of my family." he said.

That's just part of it- this is gonna get a whole bunch uglier unfortunately.
I hope we don't have to hear any more on this because it's been draining enough.
I hope they all just cut their losses and move on or keep the slanging in-house.

Reply #183446 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

wow- you guys must've stayed up ALL night coming up with those *cough* witty one-liners!

Reply #183447 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What's Mackinnon actually getting snooty about? They didn't issue a long enough press release?

Reply #183451 | Report this post

Ha ha CJ pulled out the old Spreewell negotiation line.

Reply #183458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm guessing it's a sign that the 'negotiations' didn't go nicely at all. Sam didn't like being told he's not worth $X00,000 anymore and nastiness began from there.

Reply #183461 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

IT does seem a bit precious Isaac!

Reply #183474 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:01 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754