Johnny Sack
Years ago

Poor Wes Snipes... But there's an upside.

3 years for tax evasion. I actually feel bad for him (i've been a bit lax in lodging my returns on time in the past ;)!!!) But jeez!!! Of course my tax debts were not exactly comparable to Nino Brown's!!! Art imitating life??? "Money talks - bulls##t runs the marathon!" - it sure does Nino... I mean Wes.

Upshot -

"He Got Game II"... Jake Shuttlesworth returns to protect Jesus from the the New York Knicks... Spike Lee is already penning the script as we speak...

Topic #15587 | Report this topic

Bizzy  
Years ago

Are you serious about He Got Game II?

Reply #183869 | Report this post

tmagz03  
Years ago

I read that there was no constitutional law in paying federal income tax in the United States. I know it sounds crazy but prove me wrong otherwise...

It was in a documentary called America: Freedom to facism.

If that is the case then why is he going to jail?

and who else thinks 3 years is bloody harsh!!! There are child molesters that probably get less time

Reply #183879 | Report this post

Well what else are they going to do? Fine him? jail time is the only thing that can send the message through to celebrities

Reply #183882 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

I'll bet you that late tax returns in the US (and other parts of the world too) will experience a precipitous drop... And i think that was the thinking of the prosecutors - and i think it will have the desired effect...

Reply #183884 | Report this post

justin  
Years ago

Surely he would be able to beat up the guards and escape like in the movies.

Reply #183928 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Snipes was basing his non payment on the belief/fact that there is no american law that compels them to pay tax.

A free and legal download of the movie
"Zeitgeist"
will answer some of the question (and maybe make you ask even more)

zeitgeist...iddiocracy...watch them or live them. :)

Reply #183980 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Me, is Zeitgeist worth checking out? Have never heard of it.

Reply #184139 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I have heard the same thing applies here. As in the rules all indicate that you SHOULD pay tax but there is no quintessential law that says you have to.

Obvioulsy there are fines etc if you dont so i am not sure what the true story is.

Imagine the working life of a judge who presides over any one challenging the legality of the tax system.

Americans can argue that it is unconstitutional to be FORCED to pay tax

Reply #184147 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Isaac, to be honest....im just a little of a conspiracy theorist, so Zeitgeist is well worth a look.

BUT...if you are particularly...
Pro religion,
Pro CIA/BUSH, or
Pro the good ole US of A

then you may not enjoy Zeitgeist.

However...Iddiocracy on the other hand is a reasonably funny movie that just makes a few simple statements about our future :)

Reply #184239 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think it's fair to say that I am not those things, so I'll check it out sometime.

Reply #184244 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

great i look forward to reading your thoughts

Reply #184274 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:31 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754