Mum
Years ago

NH - Girlfriend vote

Hi Guys, my daughter Emmah dosent play basketball, actually she hates it !! but her brother and sister play and her Mum (me) and Dad watch it heaps. so I am being very cheeky I know and posting this here. I thought if we were asked to vote for Oscar for batchelor of they year you guys might like to help Emmah become "Girlfriend of the year" she is the only finalist from Adelaide (6 in Australia)
Thankyou I know she will appreciate it

Vote here

(Mod: NH in the title means "non-hoops" so those who're here only for the basketball stuff can ignore anything off-topic.)

Topic #1561 | Report this topic

I voted for Chantelle, because she was much hotter than your daughter

Plus she likes heavy metal \m/

Reply #17848 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont believe it's a beauty contest mate... grow up and see past the image.

Reply #17849 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I question your taste ToR, but not in music!

Voted for Emmah. She's got 31% of the vote -- go SA girl!

Reply #17850 | Report this post

Mum  
Years ago

Thanks Isaac,for your support. No it is not a beautie contest ToR although Emmah does do modeling it is about her desire to raise awareness of cystic fibrosis and in turn raise money for research. (a matter of life or death to her) mind you I think she is beautiful
:-)

Reply #17853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Got my vote mum, what a spunk!!!

Reply #17855 | Report this post

kozzie  
Years ago

Vote Emma,and watch out for her little brother in years to come on the court the kids gonna be a star!!

Reply #17858 | Report this post

rodman  
Years ago

Emmah I voted for you good luck with it

Reply #17859 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

As a fellow asthma and diabetes sufferer she got my vote...but to read her take on life made we know it was worthwhile...good luck emmah, hope it goes well for you.

Reply #17865 | Report this post

Jimmy  
Years ago

she got my vote, all the best!!!

Reply #17999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tania is fugly how did she get there? emmah is hot

Reply #18004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

chantelle gets my vote.

Reply #18005 | Report this post

Lippy  
Years ago

I voted for Emmah but I would like to see a picture of Emmahs' Mum!

Reply #18019 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Hello Mum, you know you've got my vote! C'mon guys, everyone should be supporting this, great cause and a great family.

Reply #18024 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Current results:

Emmah is 2nd, at 25% behind Tracy with 61%. Long way to catch up.

Reply #18034 | Report this post

Mum  
Years ago

Hi Guys, Emmah has just been interviewed by Nova 91.9. the interview will be aired tonight between 7pm and 7.30 (so they say). she has made a little bit of ground in the percentage today. so PLEASE keep the votes comming.
By the way she is donating $2000 of the winnings (when she does) to Dr David parsons at the WCH for cystic fibrosis research. Finding a cure for cystic fibrosis really is a matter of life and death to her !

Reply #18080 | Report this post

richard  
Years ago

Just bringing up an old topic.
I thought the voting on this would be over, but apparently not. Someone could possibly confirm either way guys, but until then get on the link above and vote for Emmah. She is clearly the most deserving winner, in all categories.

Reply #19618 | Report this post

Why? Because she's donating money? Maybe the others will donate to a worthy cause, like the tsunami victims

Reply #19620 | Report this post

Mum  
Years ago

Interstellar Overdrive, If you have a look at the site you will see what the other finalists wish to do with the winnings. None of them are donating the money nor do they have to. Emmah wants to give her money to research because she knows that her life depends on the doctors finding a cure. Emmah thanks every one that has already vote for her and if you wish to revisit the site and vote again for her that would be great. Thanks

Reply #19633 | Report this post

I voted for her, not because of that reason though... I hope she wins though :)

Reply #19634 | Report this post

Mum  
Years ago

Hey a vote is a vote, Thankyou

Reply #19635 | Report this post

richard  
Years ago

The more votes the better guys. Mum, do you know when the voting stops?

Reply #20000 | Report this post

G-Funk-Era  
Years ago

Shes got my vote, goodluck

Reply #20029 | Report this post

Mum  
Years ago

We don't know when the voting stops for this competition, The winner was to be announced on Feb 3rd at a party in Sydney. Emmah was emailed the other day telling her all the finalists will be returning to Sydney on the 23rd of Feb, for a luncheon???? we we have no idea what is going on. I just keep on voting and appreciate any vote going her way. BTW Emmah is winning at the moment, and girlfriend have added a "you can ask the finalist a question" link on the voting page.

Reply #20132 | Report this post

just browsing  
Years ago

Man this stuff is crazy! Good on Emmah for wanting to donate the cash but as for saying the others wouldn't donate any money thats a strong call!! The quotes on the site have obviously been edited to oblivion! These girls all look like decent girls I'd bet everyone of them would donate some cash to the charity of their choice

Good luck, Emmah!

Reply #21768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I see Emmah won, I saw her on Sunrise this morning - pretty hot.

Reply #23113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I saw her to, and I heard her on Nova this morning. Good that a local girl has won this national competition. Bet Speedy and his "mum" are happy. hope she comes out to watch some games.

Reply #23140 | Report this post

Truck  
Years ago

Congratulations to Emmah and the family couldn't have happened to a nicer family!

Reply #23156 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Congrats to Emmah. I met "Mum" at a 6ers game a few weeks back, and if the rest of the family is as nice, it is definitely well deserved.

Congrats again.

Reply #23164 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

Yes it was announced yesterday in sydney. I got a message from her mum about the win as soon as they found out. Her mum and sister had flown to sydney without Emmah knowing to see her there. They are arriving home tonight I believe. I'm sure "mum" will be back on here when she gets time to thank people personally but for now I'll do it.

Thanks to anyone and everyone that voted. Every vote helped :)

And yes yogee the whole family is as nice as "mum" is.

Congrats Emmah :)

Reply #23192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hey is mum hot?

Reply #23193 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think this one counts as an assist from Hoops SA. Nice win!

Reply #23206 | Report this post

Mum  
Years ago

Hi Everyone, yes as written Emmah has become the 2005 Girlfriend Magazine, Girlfriend of the year. She is very excited about it as you could imagine. Thankyou to everyone that voted and thanks to Issac for allowing it to be posted on hoops. Emmah had a busy time in Sydney apearing on Sunrise yesterday then recording for The Big Arvo and Saturday Disney. Finally appearing on MTV TRL last night.The Advertiser have been around today so look out for her tomorrow (page 3 I think) Once again thankyou all so much for your support.

Anonymous post 23193
I am so hot I sizzle ;-)

www.girlfriend.com.au

Reply #23309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

;)

Reply #23332 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Mum, does your son still post on this forum? He was going post-crazy for a while there.

Reply #23402 | Report this post

Mum  
Years ago

Yes he was crazy for a while, I see he is still on the leader board. I thought it was great posting meant he was reading and writing and and having a chance to voice his opinion, some of which were quite profound for a 12 year old. He found it hard to take the criticism from one of the other posters (who sadly was a grown up and could have gone a little easier on him) so he only occasionally posts now under a different name. But he still reads.

Reply #23440 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Good to hear. Everything in moderation!

Reply #23469 | Report this post

beck  
Years ago

hey, im so glad Emmah won! donating $2000 to the cystic fibrosis foundation is a very very worthy cuase!!!!!! i have CF and my sister also past away from CF, and soo i was 100% in support of Emmah. She is a goregous girl and im really inspired by her and her confidence in herself. i hope that she can continue her modelling and become very well known as she is an inspiration to all cf sufferers

Reply #24447 | Report this post

beck  
Years ago

i cant believe anyone would of voted for cantelle...r u blinded..shes fugly

Reply #24449 | Report this post

beck  
Years ago

sorrryy that was harsh its just i read the post uppp and got cut

Reply #24450 | Report this post

sorry to say this mum, but i think we all know another mum who is prettier than u

Reply #24493 | Report this post

joshua corey  
Years ago

waht day are you going to go a new house and c my girl friend pick me up at 8burtville avd from joshua corey

Reply #24956 | Report this post

Avanti  
Years ago

Get the pancake rabbit ready Isaac......

Reply #24962 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

My thoughts exactly. Say hello to my little friend:

Reply #24964 | Report this post

AMR  
Years ago

Reply #40923 | Report this post

Mum  
Years ago

Emmah is the subject of this weeks Australian Story on Channel 2 tomorrow night at 8pm. I dont know if it will be shown (they took about 17 hours of film for 27 min program) but some footage was filmed at wayville stadium about a month ago when her brother was playing.
http://www.abc.net.au/austory/

Reply #45131 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Go Emmah - 49% - shes got it in the bag!

Reply #45138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i have just watched Australian Story

what a remarkable girl you are emma

what an amazing family you have

what an incredible lady you are mum

i wish you every success for whatever you want to acheive emma and I also believe you were born to make a difference.

Reply #45318 | Report this post

daniel  
Years ago

Good luck with the autobiography "The Words Inside" i hope it does well. Your life story(to date)has made me understand that just because someone of you age is unwell it should not stop them from living a life like you are doing. All the best with your life.

From Daniel

Reply #92631 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:47 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754