D16
Years ago

Major FIBA rule changes

FIBA have announced from 2010 the 3-point line will move back to 22 feet, 1.7 inches and the three-second area will change to a rectangular shape starting in 2010.

http://linky.com.au/b20tn

Quite dramatic changes really that will have consequences for all basketball courts.

Topic #15612 | Report this topic

nutter  
Years ago

I think I might get into the business of line marking, thats alot of basketball courts that are going to have to be changed, I wonder what there reasoning is.

Reply #184043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So is that what that use in the NBA now?

Reply #184052 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Looks like to 'line' it up same as NBA.
Move it back about a foot by 2010, then another foot a few years later. Plenty of work a line marker,as you say.
I wouldn't mind a six point line for our 20/20 version.

Reply #184053 | Report this post

Why would they do this. I can barely shoot 3s as it is

Reply #184057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

some courts you couldn'tfind the extra 2 feet on the side - the line would finish on the out or courts side line.

Where would you stand??

Reply #184081 | Report this post

the word  
Years ago

really just shows how outdated some of our stadiums will be.

Reply #184114 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

Will this mean they are going to widen the court? Or will it be similar to NBA where the there point line is straight on the sides?

Reply #184175 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

three**

Reply #184176 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

My take on this is in preparation of the NBA moving into Europe.

Europe will have the courts the same as the NBA which will lead the way to fan accepatance of an NBA conference inside Europe under a one world type scenario.

USA winner ( ie the current NBA winner) will then play the European winner in the final to be crowned overall champion.

Could you then add conferences from Asia to the mix as well?

Maybe South America and Asia for a conference in their own?

Reply #184376 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

If that is the case I wonder if they will also change to 48 minute games? Would make the NBL look pretty silly if they did.

Reply #184382 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Mark Cuban has a piece on the rule changes:

BlogMaverick article

Reply #184469 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:23 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754