Isaac
Years ago

Brisbane sign Petrie, Weigh, Hill

Spotted a mention in a FoxSports article that the Bullets are confident of grabbing Anthony Petrie from the West Sydney Razorbacks.

Will be interesting to see what he can do with more opportunities?

Also seems that Brad Williamson sought a release from Brisbane with a view to heading to the Crocs?

Update: Petrie and Stephen Weigh have both signed with Brisbane.

Topic #15627 | Report this topic

thedoctor  
Years ago

Foxsports just reported that Ebe is not returning. Could be a year in the cellar for Brissy

http://linky.com.au/d3k0b

Reply #184197 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Story also mentions that Bradshaw is unlikely to return. I think I'd read that he's looking to head O/S?

Reply #184198 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Two year deal in Turkey, I think.

Reply #184199 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

bradshaw has been in turkey since not long after the season here ended.
it was claimed that he had just signed for 2 months (in which case, it would pretty much be over by now?)
but in saturday's newspaper it reported in an interview with kerlie that they have been trying to contact his agent and they had 'several people claiming to be his agent but could not get through to bradshaw'.
weird!
so there's no reports yet on what's happening with him- her certainly started to hit his straps towards the latter part of the season.
right from when they played the breakers at home and bradshaw was copping a lot of ignorant flack from the kiwi fans and media stirring him up and saying 'who does bradshaw think he is?' on national radio and having a serious hate campaign against him (how dumb) he has exploded on the court.
he will be a good pick up for whoever nabs him.

Reply #184216 | Report this post

Stephen Weigh is an excellent addition to the Bullets.

Well done to Kerlie in starting to rebuild the team for the future .

Reply #184238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #184240 | Report this post

Hoops 40  
Years ago

NBL have confirmed the signing of Petrie, as well as announcing the signing of Weigh, story link here.

Good news for Brisbane after lots of nots so good news in recent weeks.

Reply #184254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boyz got some skills....

Reply #184267 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They've also re-signed Mick Hill.

I think that gives them Hill, Gibson, Petrie and Weigh. Perhaps Vanderjagt and two imports, then what? The oft-mentioned Damien Ryan? Not many other options for them that I can think of?

Is this really the best college photo of Weigh that the NBL site could find?!

Reply #184284 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Agreed Isaac. A quick google and even I could find this.

Reply #184305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

will be interesting to see how Weigh goes, at u18's he was the most dominate player since Sam mackinon

Reply #184456 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Weigh will be a very good player in the NBL, good to see Brisbane signing good young promising players.
I hope to see Bruce make the Dragons lineup, but nothing will be announced for a while as he continues to chase the NBA dream.
There has been no mention of Daniel Dillon signing anywhere??? Melbourne boy and senior from Arizona...would be a handy pickup for any team. Heard a whiole back that he was being linked to Melbourne. Can't see that happening now.

Reply #184467 | Report this post

coach  
Years ago

Have Brisbane signed Chris Goulding. This kid can play. Have seen him a few times in SEABL.

Reply #184566 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:13 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754