thedoctor
Years ago

**SPOILERS** - Today's NBA games

A classic NBA playoffs gets even better with expected one-sided series being much closer than first thought.

Hawks are up at the half by three points with Paul Pierce having a big game, and Al Horford so far unable to back up hi tough talk from game 3.

Also Mike Bibby has bounced back dropping 18 in the first half. The only downside to the Hawks good play is the prospect of endless Cheezeburger posts professing his man-love for the entire Hawks roster.

I must say - Cheeze has waited patiently through years of bad Hawks teams. Who can forget when he posted the fantastice threads "Alanta get a W" and "Atlanta get their second W".

Enjoy it Cheeze - you have earned it.

Toronto/Magic game also looking good. Close late in the 4th

Topic #15635 | Report this topic

thedoctor  
Years ago

Just noticed Josh Smith has 6 blocks half way through the third. Could be a triple double with blocks? When was the last time that happened?

Reply #184313 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Last person with TD with blocks was Kirilenko in 2006.

Doesn't happen that much - Jermaine O'Neal in 2003, Ben Wallace did it twice in 2002, Camby has done it a couple of times

Shawn Bradley has done it 5 times.

Mutumbo has done it 9 times - once in back to back games back in 94

Reply #184316 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Didn't Camby get one earlier this season?

Reply #184317 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Bizzy, that was with points rebounds and assists from memory...

Reply #184319 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

He got it on the 26th December against the Bucks:

10 points, 11 rebounds & 10 blocks.

Reply #184320 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

My bad mate...

Orlando just beat Raptors 102 - 92.
4 - 1.

Reply #184322 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Do you think if the Celtics get out of this Hawks series that they have what it takes to win the Championship ... they are struggling against a below .500 team.

Reply #184323 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Bostons inability to shoot the ball might cost them down the stretch. At least Doc has come to his senses by removing House and putting Rondo back in the game.

Reply #184324 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

I think i said at the start of the season, they wouldnt win a championship

Yes they have the best record in the league

But look at where they are....in the East

Also......what depth do they have?

The Starters played the following minutes

KG - 42
Pierce - 36
Perkins - 25
Allen - 45
Rondo - 35

Bench

Posey and Powe came off the bench for major minutes

I reckon the Hawks can upset the Celts

Reply #184336 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

That would be a bigger upset than last year with the Warriors of the Mavs IMO

Reply #184340 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

Both Celtics and Pistons are 2-2 in their series. There is a remote chance that both the top 2 seeds from the East will be eliminated in the first round.

I think it is relevant that both teams rested key players - either leaving them out of the team outright, or limiting their minutes - after their seeding positions were set. Was that decision disruptive rather than helpful, and will it come back to haunt them?

Reply #184353 | Report this post

JoeyKnuckles  
Years ago

Just noticed Josh Smith has 6 blocks half way through the third. Could be a triple double with blocks? When was the last time that happened?

The last game i played for Blackfriars ;)

Reply #184355 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Impossible - you wouldn't have got any rebounds because none of my shots missed. He he

Reply #184363 | Report this post

KB8  
Years ago

There's only one team playing like a number 1 seed at the moment!

Reply #184379 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

and they sweeped denver..

Reply #184404 | Report this post

JoeyKnuckles  
Years ago

yeah but my shots would have. the old Mark Davis triple head fake put backs- the real reason he was the chairman. 90% of his rebounds, were from his own misses. true stat. saw in on the net, so it has to be true :)

Reply #184417 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:18 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754