joker
Years ago

Dave Thomas and the Tigers

The herald sun reports today that they are waiting to hear whether Dave Thomas has agreed to their offer.It goes on to say if he does not then Julius Hodge is on standby.My info is Thomas wants a 3 year deal or isnt coming back his wife wants him to stay in the States.Tigers have said no deal one year take it or leave it and he is going to leave it.Julius is a done deal if this happens which i hear is already the case.The 36ers said they were confident of getting Julius appears not going to be where to now?

Topic #15657 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Tigers also said that they had Newley signed last year too.

Reply #184570 | Report this post

joker  
Years ago

Good point Kent.

Reply #184571 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

wheres that schmuch whos good friends with al, tommo wasnt it surely he could summon some info from his ol buddy

Reply #184575 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Doesn't sound like Hodge is signing with anyone in Australia, yet. Doing everything for NBA spot, first.

Reply #184577 | Report this post

duh!  
Years ago

i hope thomas comes back- he was a good player and seemed like a good allround guy on the court.

Reply #184607 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Might be that Barlow is the reason they won't commit to Thomas long-term?

Melbourne are cash-happy, but believe some of the signings when you see them. As Kent has said, they put in a supposedly larger offer for Newley last year, were very confident that they had him, and didn't get him. (Don't throw in "we didn't get Newley either, really" as it's irrelevant to the point being made.)

Reply #184612 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

Melbourne love their posturing regarding recruits, and showboating them. Remember Muursepp? taking a big pay cut to play here? it was a huge coup for Melbourne? NBA experience?

Julius Hodge "on standby" likely means they're ready to make a bigger cash offer than anyone else if Dave Thomas is unavailable and Hodge doesn't land on an NBA roster.

Reply #184641 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Before even considering signing Thomas I'd be asking "which body part will you break this Pre-season?"

Reply #184678 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

Heh...pre season injuries...word to Mike Chappell.

Reply #184682 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:27 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754