LC
Years ago

Dallas Mavericks sack Avery Johnson

Dallas Mavericks sacked Johnson, who had a good team that could not do god things when it ame to the NBA playoffs.
Who do they need?

Link

Topic #15660 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

ESPN's story..

http://linky.com.au/n3rh0

Dallas Morning News article:

http://linky.com.au/37qp3

Star Telegram:

http://linky.com.au/7d3uq

Reply #184604 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

Sacked? damn...seems a bit harsh. Although, an NBA final that they should have won followed by consecutive first round playoff losses is not the thing owners like to see...and you get the feeling that Mark Cuban is going to keep making changes until they get the championship.

Personally I think it's time for them to look at trading Nowitzki while they can still get a kings ransom for him.

Reply #184616 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

This move is way too harsh. The team needs to fix the roster and get better players around Dirk and a team that plays defence.

Avery will land a job elsewhere. Maybe the Knicks or Bulls. However Chicago looks like a good option.

Will Phoenix fire there coach also? or part ways mutually?

Reply #184617 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

Wasn't he coach of the year a couple of seasons ago? Seems a little bit harsh seeing as he was only a few less Dwayne Wade charity calls away from a title winning coach.

I think it has more to do with the Kidd trade and the current Dallas roster. They are a more senior team now and need less coaching and more managing. Many have said that Avery johnson is on "over coacher" - which can have a negative effect on senior players.

Reply #184618 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No comment yet from Cuban on his blog...

Reply #184619 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I always read that too with interest Isaac, when they let Nash go it was a very inciteful read and i am looking forward to reading his reasons behind this move also.

Reply #184624 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

The Mavs get Jason Kidd... then fire Avery Johnson. 2 bad ideas in the same season.

Oh well; guess it's time to wait and see what happens next season. It'll probably more of the same.

Reply #184665 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

Dumb move. Who are they going to get that's better? The reason the Mavs failed this season was that of all the West teams that made a trade this season, Dallas are the only one who made a move that made them worse by bringing in Kidd. The odds of them being in the lottery next season just went from "good" to "certainty".

Reply #184697 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

After reading the above statement... I stood... and I applauded.

Reply #184715 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:16 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754