Wound
Years ago

Sixers front office closed?

Just (11:30) went to purchase some tix from the dome front office but there was no one there. Front door locked, 4 cars out the front, no notice on the door. One would think that they would be open seeing as they are a venue tix outlet....and no sign on door to indicate otherwise. Poor form.

Topic #1567 | Report this topic

Pitstop  
Years ago

Venutix is around the back of the Dome.

Reply #17888 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I think they are closed until Monday the 10th of Jan.

One would think a basketball club wouldnt close down over the christmas/new year period considering it is in the heart of the season and there are games still on.. Surely they could schedule time off in the off season, or at least have one or two people there handling the day to day things?

Reply #17921 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Didn't they have time off in the offseason? So they are ineffect getting two holiday periods?

Not quite sure, correct me if I'm wrong.

Outside of uni I work in retail, and this is the one time of year no full-time workers have holidays. Should be the same with bball. Close for the public holidays (hell even close from the 25th to the 1st) but open straight after that.

Reply #17990 | Report this post

Surprised!?!  
Years ago

(Mod: This post is not available.)

Reply #18093 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Well, the office WAS open the week between Christmas and New Year, apart from the public holidays.

Cant help but think wound went to the front doors, as in main entrance, as opposed to the actual admin office and venue tix office round the back, on the Holden St side.

Reply #18097 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Thats funny Yogee because the answering machine said they were closed until the 10th of Jan.

Reply #18101 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Now come on, 'In the Know'

Yogee must be right.
You know he knows everything.

Reply #18106 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Yeah sorry, how could I question him.

Reply #18113 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Come on guys -- play nice. He said "I can't help but think..." and his suggestion was a possibility, but just as likely wrong.

Reply #18135 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

But I KNOW I was in the office on the 30/12/04, as my wife had to pick up tickets. The office was open, there was Cheryl (who does the ticketing) and Teresa (marketing officer) there working.

I spoke to the admin manager before Christmas, and she said the phones werent on, as they were running on skeleton staff, but messages were being checked daily.

Reply #18158 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:44 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754