Quagmire
Years ago

What's wrong with T-Mac?

First round. Again. His numbers were great, again.
Is he just unlucky? If the lakers had him instead of Kobe for their respective careers, would the outcomes still be the same? Could it just be a simple case of playing too hard? that he needs to learn the old saying- play smarter, not harder? He gets assists but do Houston have any structure outside of T-Mac isolations? Are T-Mac teams too focused on how to get him his so that when they need someone else they end up lost? Is that his fault or the coaches? is this the most questions in a single thread ever?

Topic #15712 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Well the NBA is a very competitive league and it was very unfair to put that "cant get past the first round" stigma this year as they were doing it without Yao. Also they were playing a very good Utah side, so for them to push that series that far was impressive I thought. Still I'm sure T'mac wouldn't be satisified with that. Also Kobe is a much better player then T'Mac so it would be unfair to compare the two.

Reply #185119 | Report this post

A much better player how.

T-Mac + Shaq = championships

The only thing wrong with t-mac is that he sometimes goes missing on offense. too many 5/20 games. But if he had a decent big who could stay healthy i think he would be a lot more successful. Or a mobile big, like Carlos boozer... just imagine the pick and rolls between those two!

Reply #185172 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

i read somewhere about how players that got drafted straight out high school and go to a losing team often struggle in big games throughout their career.

whereas kobe went to the lakers and was taking big shots as a rookie, it was a while before players like TMac and KG even reached the playoffs.

on an unrelated note, grant hill has also never made it out of the first round.

hill 0/6 1st round matchups
tmac 0/7 1st round matchups

Reply #185263 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

How about good old Shareef? did he ever get to play an actual play-off game???

Reply #185275 | Report this post

Years ago

Shareef Abdur-Rahim played 6 playoff games for Sacramento in the 2005-06 season.

Reply #185950 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:58 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754