LC
Years ago

Hornets vs Spurs ***Spolier***

Hornets beat the Spurs for a 2-0 lead, and leaving San Antonio on the brink despite home games coming up.

CP3 had another huge game with 30 and 13 assists. Peja came up big with 25 and 10 rebounds, whilst West had 10 and 10 boards.

All of the Spurs big guns 'failed', Duncan with 18 and 8 boards, Parker with just 11 points on 5/14 shooting, and Ginobili with 13 points (4/10 shooting) and 7 assists.

Spurs look like they are running out of legs and starting to show their age IMO.

Topic #15726 | Report this topic

Quagmire  
Years ago

Spurs coaching staff have it all ahead of em now.
Paul is a constant, West kills em G1, Peja G2, the even bigger problem is the hornets are defending the spurs better than i've seen in a long time.

The good news for spurs fans is that when they find a weakness, they are the very best at exploiting it crushing their opposition.
The bad news is right now, hornets have no visible weakness.
Could they actually go all the way?
I bet hornets fans would rather see LA in the conf finals as Deron seems to have a bit of a mental edge over CP3.

Spurs often begin establishing Duncan in the block then working others free. Looks like the hornets are able to play him straight up and he is really hurting.

They need to get Chandler in foul trouble or draw him away from the basket so that parker and manu can get to the rim.

Reply #185300 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Mixed feelings on this one - I'm a massive Spurs fan, but I'd like to see CP3 get to the Finals so I can see just how good he is. I also think a Chandler/Garnett battle would be very entertaining.

One thing the Spurs can take from this is that neither Manu or Parker (or Duncan) have had much of an impact, and they are too good for that to continue. Would be great to see the Spurs square it in San Antonio and put the pressure back on the Hornets

Reply #185318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Man you gotta love the hornets. cp3 scoring and dishing, west dominating inside, peja draining 3's and chandler rebounding and dunking. plus a very good bench. bonzi wells was been great. also lots of people don't realise just how good pargo can be. when he gets proper minutes he can really off and his 3 point shooting is deadly. hate the spirs so would be great if my hornets won.

Reply #185372 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Go Hornets! Clean up those spurs!

Reply #185380 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Agreed Ingles, down with boring nba! Wouldnt mind the pistons going aswell.

Reply #185397 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

It's about time the finals actually looked different and we weren't stuck with the same repeat offenders in the finals. I hope the Hornets make the finals against the Celtics.

Reply #185400 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:39 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754