Anonymous
Years ago

Kobe wins 2007 - 2008 MVP

Well deserved i think. They were the best in the west (still are until someone beats them) and he's the heart and soul.

Thoughts?

Topic #15736 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Already been posted on her before..

Anyway Bryant deserves it but i was surprisede in the end he crushed KG and CP3. Thought it would of been alot closer.

Kobe-is-MVP...

Reply #185416 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

Kobe deserved it, he's had a good season, worked hard and done so with a busted pinkie finger.

The franchise and the addtion of Gasol has made the Lakers tough contenders now.

Chris Paul unlucky, but he's young and his time will come in the future without a doubt, perhaps as early as next season.

Reply #185421 | Report this post

tmagz03  
Years ago

"they were the best in the west"
Yeaaaa when gasol got traded there for pennies the lakers became the best of the west.

Garnett got jagged, his passion and leadership makes him the best deserving MVP IMO. In regular season games he would play like its his last and even when he is on the bench he is on his hands and knees yelling to get the best out of his younger players like Glen Davis. I kno his stats werent that spectacular but remember the celtics would regularly beat teams in 2 and a half quarters so he was rested a lot.

And yes CP3's time will come...

Nevertheless you can't argue that kobe shouldnt deserve it so congrats to him

Reply #185425 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

actually the Lakers held top spot for a bit before Gasol came in

Reply #185439 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

Jules!

That is true, but the team has become stronger and better since Gasol's arrival. It's like he's been the missing piece of the puzzle. He's shown up Odom and made him play better or pick's up his slack on offence.

Reply #185448 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

I love Kobe the soap opera - to me, he's the most interesting basketball player going around. His life and work are full of juxtapositions which would make for a great biography (I'll stick up my hand to write it).

He's a basketball assassin feared above all others by every other team in the league, but he would be a tough teammate to play with.

He's the best US basketball player - but didn't come through the traditional US system (ie appeared as a teenager from growing up in Italy and didn't go to college)

He's obviously smart - got a good SAT score and can speak Italian - but not savvy enough to avoid the Colorado incident.

He seems to be the strongest-minded individual in a sport which requires you to play with a team - how he goes about doing this, I find compelling.

Reply #185450 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

Congratulations to kobe, well deserved winner. I was surprised he won by such a great margin considering Chris Paul had an awesome season lifting the Hornets to the 2nd seed in the West, while taking the mantle of being the best point gurad in the league.

Reply #185464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bo Hamburger, I don't get it. How does his inteligence off court affect his game. IMO Kobe had an awesome season and yes Chris Paul should have been closer to him on ponts but i think it went to the better man this season. I think for Kobe to repeat next season however, he will need to be more of a team player. Play the way Magic did and work on his passing. he already has the showmanship down (to LA standard) so if he adds quick passing to that and his ability to score when the team needs it most you could probably bet that he'll win it next season as well.

So in saying that yes their is such thing as a smart ball player, but that does not mean they are smart in general.

Reply #185487 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

I'm saying Kobe is a very smart ball player AND, from what I can gather, is smart off the court - but not so savvy or worldwise to avoid incidents like the Colorado one or the subsequent (and oh so intriguing) 'Shaq pays his women to be quiet' statement.

And that's what makes him so interesting IMO.

Reply #185498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ABSOLUTE JOKE!!
Kobe is good but Chris Paul had a much better season
Unbeliveable

they made a mistake last year with the MVP
and this isnt good

Reply #185504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon they both had remarkable seasons but Bryant deseves it more in my opinion.

Reply #185508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats your opionion
that probably doesnt mean anything

Reply #185661 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

the opinions that do matter also said kobe...

Reply #185673 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:35 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754