Customer
Years ago

***Spolier*** Celtics v Cavs

LeBron on track to record a triple double, his stat line with 6:05 remaining in the fourth is

2-12 0-4 8-10 for 12 pts, 9 boards, 7 assists, 9 T/o's. Shoot, he may even get a quadruple double?

Terrible shooting game, Pierce is 2-13.

Garnett stepping up with 24 and 8 (had 12 in the 1st i think?)

3 pts in it with around 5 mins to go - could go either way.

Topic #15738 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

all tied up 68 a piece with 1:50 to go.

LeBron only 2 ast's, 1 TO and one board away from a quarduple double!

Reply #185441 | Report this post

AirMax4Sale  
Years ago

IT wouldn't be a quadruple double you Wally Szczerbiaks

Reply #185443 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

C'mon Cavs!!!!

Reply #185444 | Report this post

Customer  
Years ago

LBJ's got 12 pts, 10 TO's, 9 ast's and 9 boards.

Tied at 70 a piece with 1:17 to go.

Reply #185445 | Report this post

AirMax4Sale  
Years ago

Big Z with a massive game. 22 and 12

Ray Allen MIA - 0 points, 4 rebs 1 assist!!

Reply #185446 | Report this post

Customer  
Years ago

wow - Garnett with 28.

cassell and Garnett with the last 18 Celt's pts.

Celt's up 2, cavs in a timeout with 21 seconds.

I bet watching the game is almost as exciting as following the play-by-play on NBA.com

Reply #185447 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Lebron misses 9 footer. Geez what a terrible game for him - 2 of 17 will go down as one of the worst shooting performances in NBA Playoff history.

Reply #185449 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Bugga!

Reply #185451 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

OMG @ 2 of 17 for Lebron.

That's as bad as John Starks in Game 7 of the 94 NBA Finals Vs Rockets.

He contributed to my team losing that title + Hakeem blocked him in game 6.

Reply #185452 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

make that 2 of 18

Reply #185454 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Le Bron probably has a couple of guys hanging off his arms every shot he takes though...

Reply #185455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nice line from james almost a quadruple double

Reply #185456 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dana, all the more reason to give it up to one of the other guys!

Look at the combined effort from Allen and Pierce - something like 2/18 FG for 4 points in 64+ minutes.

Reply #185462 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

10 Turnovers....obviously trying to win the game off his own back

Give the Ball to Big Z

Celts are playing Shit by the way...if it wasnt for Garnett today, they wouldve been pumped

Pierce and Allen nothing again

Reply #185463 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

BronBron's shooting game brings back memories of John Starks

Reply #185465 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Trouble is that they all hang back and let him try to do it alone instead of leading for a pass.

Reply #185466 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Way to go Sam-I-am Cassell! The ugliest* guy in the NBA continues to display his gravity defying testicles come crunch time!

*don't you think that Cassell and the alien from American dad looks eerily similar?????

Reply #185467 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

hahah quagmire...they do, now you mention it.

Reply #185468 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

I always call Cassell the alien and anytime I'm watching basketball with others in the room, I always introduce them to Cassell the alien. He has an admirable back of the head.

Reply #185471 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Dana - I sense that you have seen LeBron in the flesh and he is now your favourite player and can do no wrong - call a spade a spade - it was a terrible game and he couldn't produce in the clutch.

By the way, with all of the MVP banter lately - does anyone think Kobe would ever miss four shots in the final minute in a close 4th quarter? I say not a chance.

Reply #185474 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Oh here we go Doc.... He's not my favourite player...but as you say, I have seen him in the flesh and I have also seen how his team mates stand back and give him space...SOME of the time.
Sheesh!! Think you know me pretty well don't you?
Well, sorry to disappoint you but you're wrong.
If anyone is my favourite in that team it's Zydrunas...and I also like Varejau even though he's still very young....

Reply #185479 | Report this post

Jambo  
Years ago

For those of you who didn't see it, King James just couldn't make a bucket to save himself.

He got to the rack time and time again using fantastic athleticism and skill, but just couldn't make a layup. If he was on his home turf, a couple of fouls might have been whistled, but as it was, they just rimmed out.

Ilgauskus (sic?) came up big in the last couple of minutes to keep them in it, including a tip-in off another Lebron miss.

The Big Ticket was huge down the stretch along with Cassell.

This series should be fantastic. Lebron had a shocker with his 10 turnovers + very poor shooting, however Ray Allen went MIA. So if both big names fire next game, look out!

Reply #185484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

First time Jesus Shuttlesworth hasn't scored in a game (be it reg. season or playoff) since 1997.

Reply #185493 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Dana - don't know you at all, but I know that LeBron had a stinker, particularly down the stretch.

Reply #185501 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Yep Doc,he had a bad game by the look of the stats, but stats also show that he got a few free throws which he hit 80%. This also indicates that he copped a few fouls on him. Imagine how many might not have been called too? I caught some of the games against Washington and he certainly attracts alot of cheap shots, even from one of my hero Lithuanians ie Songaila who got a one game suspension after his foul on Lebron.

Reply #185503 | Report this post

Afroman Jnr  
Years ago

anyone else dissapointed that lebron didnt get the quadriple double?
i personally would of loved to see that, would of been funny

Reply #185505 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

Celtics still won and only 1 of the big 3 even bothered to rock up. Can't see the Cavs getting more than a couple of games in this series. Detroit, however, may be a different story - the Sixers seem to have woke them up - look out Eastern Conference!

Reply #185513 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I saw the score on this game then went straight to the boxscores. After first looking at the Cavs I thought "considering Lebron was 2/18 with 10 t/o surely the Cavs must be feeling good about getting so close. I think they might win this series".

I then scrolled down to see the combined 2/18 from Pierce and Allen with a total of 4 points despite both playing heavy minutes and thought "considering they got the win with 2 of their big 3 contributing nothing the Celts must be feeling good about things. I think they might win the series"

Now I don't know what to think.

Reply #185516 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Lebron missing another clutch shot to go with his double figure TO's and almost single figure shooting % . Feel terrible for the guy , think i may cry , tears of joy that is . I don't hate bron bron just haven't found anything i like about him yet .

Reply #185524 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

he should have dunked that last lay up he missed. he was wide open

Reply #185589 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:53 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754