Isaac
Years ago

Cuban on Stats

Here's a great post on Mark Cuban (owner of blah blah blah)'s blog about NBA stats.

If you love stats, the NBA or even basketball at all, have a look through. Especially flick through the comments and look for those by Dan T Rosenbaum (an unofficial NBA researcher and assistant professor in economics) -- they're very interesting.

It includes stuff like this:

"The 95% confidence interval for Stephon Marbury is between 10 and 41 points per 48 minutes. In other words, if Marbury played 48 minutes per game, we are 95% certain that replacing Marbury's minutes with minutes from a replacement player (such as Moochie Norris) would cost the Knicks between 10 and 41 points per 48 minutes. Over the approximate 40 minutes that Marbury actually plays, the effect would be between 8 and 33 points."

Topic #1574 | Report this topic

Kriss  
Years ago

Ive heard of this bloke...gets paid big dollars for recording stats you would never even think of.

I remember one year he worked out how many points shaq scored form each side of the key and with which arm etc etc

Reply #17950 | Report this post

mr nba  
Years ago

cuban is the owner of the mavs.

he must have been an accountant

still if you were spending as much money as he was - i would want to know what shaq has for breakfast

Reply #17966 | Report this post

ashman  
Years ago

Mark Cubans Bio

After reading that I think we him to come here and do something about our owners/management. To listen to the fans - I think the number one problem with the club at the moment.

Reply #17980 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think I emailed Cuban last year suggesting that he bought the NBL or the 36ERS. I thought about doing it, but can't remember if I did it in the end.

Reply #17982 | Report this post

beachball  
Years ago

nash leaving must have hurt.

nowitski is a powerhouse.

cuban captures the current moment in time - his management is about experiencing basketball hollistically - i like it

Reply #17983 | Report this post

mr basa  
Years ago

i had lunch with mark cuban the other day - he said the 6ers were too expensive and he did not have enough cash for such a team of champions

Reply #17984 | Report this post

mr basa  
Years ago

how about hom getting a mavs or second string mavs team out here to australia for a road trip?

drop him an email

Reply #17985 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

One of my ideas from a while ago was for NBL teams to have a "big brother" team in the NBA. In the NBL offseason, our guys would go over there and visit their big brother team, get shown around, scrimmage a bit, play against some local colleges or something.

In the NBA offseason, some of their benchies (hard to expect the stars to come down) would come over to visit us, make an appearance at an NBL game, see the sights, etc.

It could also be an opportunity for someone from the admin/marketing of either team to go over and exchange ideas.

If not the NBA, could make a relationship with European teams -- we have significant ethnic populations in Australia that would be interested.

Reply #17988 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

you're on my team - good idea

Reply #17989 | Report this post

Eddie #55  
Years ago

thats the best idea ive heard for a while

Reply #18066 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:23 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754