Quagmire
Years ago

Jazz v Lakers game 2

Big game, jazz don't want to go down 2 zip, Lakers don't want to loose one and face two at the hardest place to win in the NBA...

Have teams figured the jazz out a little bit? Take away easy looks by Boozer, make him shoot or pass, keep Deron away from the rim. Not easy (ask Houston) but the jazz offence has been carving all season yet seems to have come to a grind in the last month.

How to stop Kobe? Don't foul him! Throw bodies at him when he drives but stay straight up and don't foul him, make him pass to open guys then wait till the fourth when he will not pass and hope he misses tough shots.(his ego, the source of all his power, is also his only weakness...) I'd like to see him take a few more jumpers with Ronnie putting a hand in his face as opposed to trying to block the actual shot.
Doc rivers used to tip Jordans elbow while shooting, it resulted in airballs but you risk getting busted by the refs. Best to save that tactic for the crunch time shot.
He will score, but the lakers make him a volume scorer, so the best you can do is hope for a low percentage.

Should be a great game, can't wait.

Topic #15748 | Report this topic

correction  
Years ago

Quagmire, great point about not fouling Kobe. I know its probably harder than we think, but keep that man off the line, don't slow the game down, put the ball in D-Will's hands and get out and run. Thats it i think.

I read somewhere that Fisher was saying he won't be falling for Williams fakes and hesitations etc. because he admitts he's 'too slow'. HAHA. I like that. So... just get D-Will in the open court (that means stops and getting on the boards)

Also, i'm seeing Boozer shoot alot of fade aways. Don't like it. He's a power forward, key word being power. Put some pressure on the lakers front court and power up, get to the line.. your jumpshot is too ugly Carlos, sorry!

Lakers to win easy today if Kobe gets to the line and is able to do what he wants.

Reply #185560 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

Utah has NO ONE to guard Kobe. They have two choices: foul him or double him. Personally, I would like to see them double a bit more. I know Kobe has better players around him now but I'd take the risk - especially down the stretch. With the exception of Gasol, Fisher and possibly Vujacic I'd be letting the others take some big shots. Odom has a history of choking in big games (especially from the free throw line - maybe try some Hack-a-Odom) and Radmanovic can seriously stink it up at times.

Reply #185574 | Report this post

correction  
Years ago

Who guarded Kobe in Game 1? Does anyone know Sloans strategy? I missed the game and only saw some highlights.

I would have thought AK would be a good match-up, hes a tough defender and he has the length to take that extra step off him.

Reply #185579 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

No-one has anyone that can lock down Kobe, its really a matter of pick your poison. I would say get someone like Brewer to run with him, try to stay infront of him even if it means letting him shoot with that extra space, and telling AK47 to leave Odom on occasion to keep Kobe guessing.
Maybe even run Deron at him for a double team the moment he catches it, leave AK and his long arms to go to the player Kobe passes to on the perim....
Either way AK is going to have to be real active with any cheat based defence scheme.

Reply #185580 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Lakers Lead 33-18 at the QTR

Kobe has 10, but picked up 2 fouls

Thats the only thing stopping Kobe ....him fouling out

Utah dont have anyone to stop him

Reply #185608 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Deron really struggling against fisher, and boozer a huge non-factor. The entire laker team shooting the ball well, jazz are in real trouble.

Reply #185611 | Report this post

correction  
Years ago

Kobe is way way way too good.

34 points, 8 reb, 6 ast (11-18 FG 11-12 FT)

Bye Bye Jazz, can't stop him

Reply #185630 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

The series was over after game 1:

Apparently Phil Jackson teams are an incredible 39-0 in playoff series where they have won the first game!

Reply #185638 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Lakers will drop their first in Utah next game i reckon

Jazz are a great home team

Just need to steal one to rap it up quick

Reply #185706 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Radmanovic had a shocker

Quag.....Deron stuggling?

Had 25 pts 10 assists, 9-17 fgs, 5-5 3's

Wish i could struggle like that..lol

Reply #185707 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:14 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754