Quagmire
Years ago

And the NBA champion will be...

Spurs.

Love or hate em, you gotta respect the flexibility, the execution and the toughness displayed by the spurs year after year.

They figure you out, take away what you like to do, then they execute you.

With respect to all the other teams still competing, only the pistons will come close, and only if Billups gets healthy.

They have Rasheed- the anti-Duncan. Spurs would still be favourites, but expect a long series.

Look at what they are doing to the hornets. CP3 will have to score over 50 for them to win, spurs have done such a job of shutting down every other scoring option. He was averaging crazy assist numbers in these playoffs (14-15?) now he is in single figures only.

Respect the spurs. They are champions. They have Pop.
They are like a virus, adapting to suit the host, then killing them.

They will win again.

Topic #15793 | Report this topic

thedoctor  
Years ago

Maybe put a spoiler alert in the title - not sure if ESPN are showing any games, but you never know.

Agreed that Pop has made some crucial adjustments - basically concedes that CP3 will tear it up, and shuts down everyone else. Bowen has completely stuffed Peja for the last two games. He isn't even getting away three point attempts, let alone making them. Bowen is probably the most hated player in the L, but his value is showing through at the moment.

Parker has been the equal of Paul but has to do it in NO for the Spurs to win. Duncan looks like he has found his rhythm again. Very solid game today.

Pressure massively back on the Hornets now. Lose game 5 and the series is over IMO.

Reply #186017 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

**SPOILERS**

The NO-SAS series is still wide open. Each game has been won by the home team by more than 10 points. Call me when SAS win in NO.

At least LAL look like they might be capable of winning in UT (5pts then loss in OT).

Reply #186026 | Report this post

Matt  
Years ago

I dont think anyone in the east can win....not sure if the celts will even get past the cavs. Should the cavs get to the east finals it has been proven the pistons cannot stop lebron.

I think until the lakers faulter then they cannot be doubted.Though if i was them i would much prefer to play NO in the west finals than the spurs.

p.s hate the spurs

Reply #186029 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

As long as the spurs don't win, frankly I'll be happy. Would prefer to have a NO vs. Magic final but that appears unlikely.

I'd like the Hornets to take it considering they've earned it more. A few years back they were nothing; CP3 comes along and now they top the Western conference. Fingers crossed.

Reply #186040 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

SPURS WONT EVEN WIN THIS SERIES. PERIOD

Reply #186048 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

I won't watch if the Spurs are in the Finals. I want the Hornets to win and Chris Paul to be praised more. They deserve it more.

I also hate the Spurs.

"Tim Duncan is a walking poo" as quoted in a PBT magazine one time aka Pro Basketball Times

Reply #186054 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

"I won't watch if the Spurs are in the Finals"

That's ridiculous. The Spurs are the best drilled, best coached team in the league. They win with great D and disciplined offence. Duncan is the best player of the last decade and the greatest PF of all time.

The Spurs are considered the template for a successful franchise. Please explain why the Hornets "deserve it more". If they lose the series, then obviously they don't deserve it. Being a winner in the NBA is about playoff success - ask Karl Malone and his 13 year old girlfriend.

Reply #186069 | Report this post

spurs_suck  
Years ago

i hate the spurs
im with the doctor
if they are in the finals i wont watch it
i hate them all

Reply #186091 | Report this post

spurs_suck  
Years ago

sorry im not with the doctor
im with the champ 33

Reply #186092 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I'm still hoping the Celtics can win through to the finals, though their mysterious inability to execute on the road during playoffs seems likely to sink them at some point (they were excellent during reg season).

One thing in their favour is that teams have been holding serve in the playoffs this year and they do have homecourt against everyone. Maybe they can be the first NBA champ to go 16-12 in the playoffs!?!?

Anybody else who watched the Celtics in the regular season being driven crazy by their inability to run the ball against opponents, terrible half-court execution and Allen's horrible shooting?

Reply #186096 | Report this post

JoeyKnuckles  
Years ago

ATT:(the Doctor) if that is your real name. regardless of stats, Tim Duncan is a sook. end of story.

Reply #186146 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I think it's going to be a Pistons v Spurs final, and I can't WAIT!!

Reply #186159 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

JoeyKnuckles - he does cry every time he wins a championship. It can be quite emotional.

Reply #186174 | Report this post

spurs_suck  
Years ago

so he is a sook when he plays
so are all the spurs
they are usless sooks

Reply #186264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you have no idea.

3 Championships, sooks don't win that.
Duncan, Ginobilli and Parker useless?

Open your eyes kid

Reply #186269 | Report this post

PHD in shot  
Years ago

The spurs are just to good they have played together and been coached so well for so long they have the best fundamentals in the league. even the players that have only played in the team a year or 2 are better than before, and the team has to much depth and so much knowledge of how each other play, they are hard tto stop im sorry guys but the spurs are just incredibly good. Duncan, Parker and ginobli are the names you hear when it comes to playoffs.
spurs will win the championship again

Reply #186303 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:12 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754