Isaac
Years ago

Tigers recruit Daniel Johnson goes for 66 and 15

Melbourne Tigers recruit, 210cm Daniel Johnson, is playing for Melbourne in the BigV comp. On Saturday, against lowly Warrnambool, he went for 66 points and 15 rebounds in a 144-76 win.

25/32 FG, 0/2 3P and 16/18 FT.

66 points, 15 rebounds, four assists, three steals and two blocks. All in 40:18.

That takes his averages to 28.0 PPG and 10.4 RPG over seven games.

Pretty impressive.

Topic #15796 | Report this topic

HO  
Years ago

boy...do Warrnambool suck this year - when are they going to get Jai back?

Reply #186025 | Report this post

Mellow  
Years ago

Still 5 short :-)

Reply #186030 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

That is but a Mere Theory Mellow!

Reply #186033 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

That used to be a slow night for Ron Ron.

Reply #186041 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Will he be a great player at melbourne tigers NBL side next season?
What will his minutes be like?
Will he start?
Will he be a worthwhile pick up in fantasy NBL?

Reply #186105 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wouldn't start, might get some minutes I guess but can't see it being anywhere near enough to warrant fantasy selection. If new imports aren't cheap as they have been in past years, you're probably best off looking at Brisbane players since they will likely have a fairly light squad and someone like Weigh could get reasonable minutes for a rookie.

Reply #186108 | Report this post

bb  
Years ago

66 against warrnambool? man Nick Hambour could get that on them with their team this year, and look at his NBL success.

Reply #186117 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Just saw this post...in any language though, 66 is a fair effort when you have guys such as O'Hea and Corletto in the team as they love to shoot!
Warrnambool are pretty bad this year though.

Reply #186123 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

His got to work on his 3pt shot I think :P

Reply #186136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Warrnambool are nothing short of horrible this year. They lost the legendary Bobby Cunningham, Lester Strong, plus all their bigs and their best perimeter shooter.

Average losing margin is close to about 50!

Reply #186197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

daniel NEEDS LOTS of work and isn't very good that is what i think i don't he is what the tigers arelooking for not even close

Reply #246471 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:30 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754