Quagmire
Years ago

Most over-rated all NBA team, get your knives out,

Yao ming- plays 20 good minutes, any more and he is a liability. Good for distracting teams, constant trouble for Houstons transition D.

Amare Stoudamire- Seen him not even jump when defending a dunk. Classic one dimension player. Appears to be genuinely thick.

Caramello Anthony- (not a typo) Get the feeling you are seeing Glen Robinson jr out there....

Michael Redd- Why do people like this guy at all? He is a tremendous loser. Someone has to score, even on a really awful team, in a game, if your the guy who shoots the most, it could be you too. Nothing special at all.

Jason Kidd- ouch. I like him but in the end he just had a real bad weakness and it cost him every time. He will be remembered as being better then he really was. Although this playoff series hurt his permanent record.

Topic #15810 | Report this topic

why did you post this? To get yelled at? who the hell are you anyway. go away

Reply #186195 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Where the hell do you get off telling me to clear out?
Far as i can see this is an open forum, don't like it don't read it you idiot. Disagree, make a comment, tell me what you think and maybe you'll educate me.

Here is a tip, i'll keep posting what i feel like posting, when you see a new thread by Quagmire, just try to ignore it, maybe click on another tab and check out your facebook or hotmail or whatever else you use to piss away your life.

Basically, have a coke and a smile, and shut the f!@# up.

Reply #186199 | Report this post

JoeyKnuckles  
Years ago

Quagmire, Quagmire....awesome post. Not sure about the Amare one though. Just cause you've seen him not try to block a dunk means his thick. The boy roughly averages 3-4 fouls a game. I think he tries to challenge too many shots.Comparing Melo to Glen Robinson is gold.

oh yeah, eastern lowland gorilla.

if you dont like the thread, dont read it/respond to it. or are you one of those big tough keyboard know it alls, who picks on internet geeks. get a life

Reply #186204 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Thanks Joey, much appreciated.

Reply #186205 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

Jason Kidd?

You have got to be joking.

Not only did he resurrect a dead NJ Nets franchise, he led them to 2 Finals appearances, including a tight 6 game series against the Spurs.

3rd all time in triple doubles, one of the all time classic pass first point gurads with amazing court vision, and probably one of the best rebounding point guards ever. Lock for the HOF.

And if you judge him by not being able to slow CP3 - then every other PG in the league is sub-par as no one has stopped Chris Paul this season.

Amare is still young, but has a very reliable 18 footer, and of course can finish at the basket. His defence needs work, but it is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

Reply #186206 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Quagmire.....give Kidd a break mate......he is a bloke still putting up decent numbers and headed towards the final seasons of his career

as shin splints said....not many PG's can cover CP3...let alone one in the final stages of his career

Reply #186210 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Yeah, its a tough call on Kidd, like i said i like him a lot, just that he really seems to crash real hard when big things are required from him.

I think his intensity for each game has meant great things during the regular season, he either burns out or has not got that extra gear that other stars seem to find in the playoffs, aka Tony Parker, Deron Williams, Kobe, Duncan...

Looking forward to seeing what a new coach will do with Amare...

Reply #186212 | Report this post

Shawn Marion  
Years ago

Steve Nash and Amare Stoudemire

Reply #186227 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Quagmire makes some fairly decent points:

Yao - He's right; the guy is great until fatigue begins to hit then his ability drops down drastically, you might as well have him on a trolley and have T-Mac push him back and forth down the court.

Amare - If he put hate behind his defence like he did his dunks, then Phoenix would be doing better; though granted there are 3 other defenders before him so it isn't like its all his fault. He could easily be as good as Dwight if he put better effort into D

Melo - Pure point scorer, I wouldn't take him into a side unless I needed a decent offensive threat, needs to be backed up with a decent bench defender (i.e. someone who isn't melo)

Redd - Despite his perimeter shooting, he causes the Bucks to play bad. When he was injured earlier in the season, the bucks won 7 straight then dipped the moment he came back. Bogut, Williams, Villanueva and Mason had better stats and played better as a team without redd.

Kidd - As Quagmire said, he's over the hill and rolling down fast. Still produces a spark every now and then but is still trying to "fan the fire" like Grant hill. At his age he's unable to defend efficiently against young guards like Williams, CP3, TJ Ford etc.

Reply #186230 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

Sure,
Kidd is over the hill - but with all that he has achieved in his career there is no way you would call him overrated. Leading your team to 2 Finals appearances is what I would call 'finding that extra gear in the playoffs'. And its not like Dallas mortgaged their entire future to get him, it was only Harris and a couple of draft picks. Next season, with Carlise as coach (similar style to Nets coach Lawrence Frank?) and a full pre-season, Dallas will win 55+ games with Kidd playing a big role.

Reply #186234 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Shin Splints - they gave away a great young point guard who is being talked about as possibly helping lue LeBron to NJ in 2010. And gave away picks and they are paying Kidd 21 million next year. I'd say that's a fair mortgage.

Reply #186237 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

That is absolutely ridiculous that you have said those 5 players are the most over rated. What are you basing it on, on their personal states or how far they have gone in the playoffs? If you are basing it on how far they have gone in the playoffs then that would make TMac and Garnett very over rated according to you! If you are basing it on their personal stats then you are an absolute clown!

Yao would be in the top two centers in the NBA whether you like it or not!

Amare is 7th in the league in block shots a game. Wow what a terrible defender! Also picking up 9 boards a game, a steal a game and a pathetic 25.2 ppg. Can't believe how thick Amare is.

I cant be bothered wasting anymore time on an idiot who rates these players as the most over rated players when some of these players are in fact the most under rated players in the NBA!

Reply #186262 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

wow he must be a good defender if hes 7th in the league in blocked shots and 1 steal a game. just like zaza pachulia because he gets more steals than most centers. and shaun livingston because he used to block more shots than most point gaurds. but bruce bowen isnt very good because he doesn't even get one steal per game, all he can do is shoot good 3pt%.

Reply #186292 | Report this post

PHD in Shot  
Years ago

Apart from Redd, the team are all good players amare is one of the best big men in the league, yao is probably the 2nd best centre in the league!!!!!!
mello is a good scorer he may not be the best defender but there are a fair few people who are great scorers and not that great defenders!doesnt take away the fact that he is a good player!
Kidd is almost going to retire he is still a great gaurd best rebounding gaurd ever!

Reply #186341 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Even amongst Denver fans, there are a lot that don't like Melo much at all and think he should be traded. I think he's a fair inclusion.

What about worst players starting in the NBA?

Reply #186343 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I think Melo has worn out his welcome with Denver fans. Firstly the 'hit and run' versus the Knicks last season on top of his recent DUI charge and last week he was again in strife for other traffic offences.

Wondering what Denver are looking for. They'd also have to use him to dump some bad contracts. If you want Melo you'll have to take a bad contract.

Reply #186347 | Report this post

ob1  
Years ago

Quagmire,

Your an idiot mate if you think mello is the next big dawg.

mello will star for the usa at the up coming olympics just like he has done since playing in the 04 olympic team and they will win it this year.

The bloke is one of the few players in the nba with a total all round game, be it he has a jump shot out to 3 point range, a mid range game, a post up game, can drive to the basket, as well as being able to penetrate, pass, defend and rebound. Clearly you haven't seen him play much.

Reply #186376 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ob1, The only way that melo will 'star' at this years olympics is at the expense of team USA. These showy americans need to realise that the world game has evolved around them and they need to catch up. Playing one on five is fine when all your interested in is generating revenue for your club and making yourself a star, but when your aim is to win an olympic gold medal then you have to start playing with at least a little bit of teamwork; a feat melo clearly lacks practice in...

Reply #186394 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Gonna have to defend 'Melo (somewhat...)

Actually - at the last WC's (in Japan - two games of which i saw in person - semi-final and bronze medal game) Melo was the ONLY player who consistently showed ANY semblance of balls when the chips were down (so much so i became a bit of a fan - trust me i was shocked too!!!)... Not only did he show he had the coconuts to take the shot but he nailed them as well - unlike most of his team mates... Yes he can't defend a lick - nor could Oscar Schmidt (someone who he reminds me a lot of - in the international context - can score at will like the great one could, lazy as hell on the other end - like the great one...) - hmmmmm "The Black Oscar Schmidt"...

He might be one of the best assets that team USA has at its disposal - given their recent history...

But yes - based on his track record in Denver, he is looking like Glenn "Big Dogg" (oooooh the irony of thet nickname in hindsight) Robinson Redux...

Reply #186434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let me clear some stuff up;

Yao Ming is over-rated because he cannot play a full game and while he creates match-up problems for the opposition, he also creates problems for his own team.
I can't see a guy of his size handling the intensity of a playoff run without breaking down. If you call him a top player, then you are over-rating him. He is only at Houston to sell a billion jerseys in China anyway.

Amare has a sky high potential but as of this moment i feel people are too quick to declare him amongst the better franchise players. He still really requires others help to perform well. Franchise players make it happen.

Melo= Glen Robinson jr.
Redd= who cares what you score.

Kidd will be remembered as an awesome PG, but right now i would have Deron, Paul, Nash over Kidd in his prime, why? because even in his prime Kidd could not score the ball when needed. If you have a GLARING weakness you cannot be mentioned among the best. Even if he had a top post guy during his prime, or a Kobe player, do you think the D wouldn't just decide to leave him alone to shoot horrible jumpers all game long. Look at Deron Paul or Nash- Defenders leave them alone- they score huge numbers, Kidd would of faulted. Therefore- over-rated. sorry.

Reply #186451 | Report this post

ob1  
Years ago

you a goose anonymous as well

have a look at the all the last major tournaments the usa team have played and you will notice that mello was the stand out.

Reply #186491 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:23 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754