the_champ33
Years ago

Horvath inks deal with Dragons

http://www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=74919

Topic #15826 | Report this topic

lebron23  
Years ago

Surely Horvath will get re-ranked, as he is a 10 point player.

Reply #186386 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Can't re-rate him after he's signed. I wonder if they've exploited something here though, similar to the Tucker Loophole, but more to do with Horvath being sort of cut last season?

Reply #186388 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Most overrated player going around!

Reply #186390 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I don't get this one.

Horvath was signed to a 2 year deal prior to last season. They kept him around last season even though they COULD hve cut his contract, so they obviously wanted his contract to continue into his NZ citizenship.....which he now has.

Why is this news?

And if it's news because they have retained him at a dirreent contract (either money or points cap related), why isn't that mentioned?

Sorry....I find the Horvath situation a little confusing.

Reply #186392 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, bit suspicious IMO.

Reply #186396 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

They might as well give him a backboard and tell him to stand at one end of the court because he's useless at everything except scoring points.

P.S I'm hoping this comment causes Nick Horvath to throw it back in my face and get a 20/10 season average.

He's a good player but just seems to get screwed over by the refs (some really weak foul calls) or gets outpaced or overrun.

Reply #186410 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Agreed, as much as i was glad to see him go Nick can be a very usefull 4-5 man

If his averages are 18- 9 like someone told me on here not that long ago i think he would be an 8pt player.
Your 10 point players are Ebi and Anstey- guys who can go for 25-30 and dominate a game, nick isn't one of those players

Reply #186419 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

If you remember; with the sixers, getting 30+ppg wasn't uncommon for him and he was close to a 20/10 average then.

Only problem is he is now the centre for the new ego trip team.

You've got Ingles, who despite being a very good player for his age, is mainly out for himself and improving his game rather than the team game.

You've got Worthington, who tends to solo everything when he gets the ball rather than cough it up. It'll be a battle between him and Horvath for post dominance.

You've got Smith, who barely sees the post unless he has a driving lane as wide as the hume highway; I can't see him coughing up the ball if he has an open 3(or for that matter, any opening for a 3)

While that's not all of them, that's 3 guaranteed starters that are going to clash with him. Smith and wortho may play together as a classic 1-4 combo but Horvath won't see much of the ball if that's the case.

Reply #186440 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

OMFG.....Seriously?

Joe, if anything is too unselfish. The best games we had last season were when he took the game on, but he didn't do it enough. To suggest he's out for himself is VERY unfair. I've never seen him do ANYTHING that even looked like he was not doing the best he could for his team.

Smith and Wortho a 1-4 combo? Which one is the 1, coz it sure ain't Jason.

No-one in Goorjian's systems gets to be selfish.

We need a PG that will distribute without looking to necessarily score (but can hit the open jumper if it comes back out), we have Horvath and Burston who will get their points from put backs and open looks when the D opens up.

Ere, Ingles and Wortho will be looked to as the main scoring threats, yes, but that doesn't make them selfish......It's what they're there for.

Reply #186446 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:08 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754