Kent Brockman
Years ago

Hornets vs Spurs, Game 7 (spoilers)

Who is your pick?
I would love to see the Hornets get through but just cant see teh talent of the Spurs being beatable.

Topic #15879 | Report this topic

speedy  
Years ago

Go Spurs .. they match better with the Lakers and would be a more compelling series. Hornets are up and coming but don't see them as a Championship team just yet.

If Spurs win they beat the Lakers.
If Hornets win then Lakers in the NBA Finals

if Spurs play the way they can .. they should take this

Reply #187003 | Report this post

correction  
Years ago

You've gotta go with the home team trend dont ya??

But if anyone can mess that up i guess you'd put your money on those classy Spurs to do so.

- Hornets by single figures.

- CP3 30+ points

- West struggles with back but still contributes

- Duncan 20+ & 15+ reb

- Ginobili 3/15 from the floor (stinker)

- Parker double double

Reply #187005 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

I think the Spurs big 3 will get it done just like Game 6 .. but Hornets will still give them a hell of a scare. The most impressive guy in the playoffs thus far is Chris Paul. This guy is another level, especially for a young guy. Haven't had a fiesty, hard nosed never say die scoring point guard like this since the days of Isiah Thomas

Reply #187006 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

I'm actually going for the hornets today, i just think they have a chance to score enough points to push the spurs out of their comfort zone.

Paul can't be stopped, he just can't, and that will mean the spurs have to keep up scoreboard pressure and this series they have failed to do that away from home.

Duncan and Parker will be good but i have a feeling Gino will miss-fire in this one.

Spurs seem to shoot 3's well if they are open from doubles on T.D, contested looks cause misses and increase the pressure coz the hometown hornets will be hitting.

The more i think about it the more i feel like it could be a blow-out win to the Hornets...

Reply #187007 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Thought this was interesting - Hollinger discussing Chris Paul:

Yes, he's averaging 24.6 points and 11.0 assists per game in the postseason while shooting 50.7 percent from the floor, even though he's played the past six games against one of the league's most accomplished defensive squads. But here's my favorite stat: He's turned it over on only 4.8 percent of his possessions in the playoffs. That, my friends, is insane -- not even stand-still jump shooters can get their turnover rate that low, much less a guy asked to create something on nearly every trip. As a result, the Hornets have the lowest turnover rate of any playoff team.

Reply #187011 | Report this post

frogger  
Years ago

anyone know of any good live streaming sites for the game?

Reply #187013 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Reply #187020 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

PS Go Hornets

Reply #187021 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Following the trend of the series so far, spurs close at half time, lets see if they disappear in the second half just like games 1, 2 and 5....

Reply #187025 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Ouch, oh well, can't be right all (any) of the time.
Not over yet, but a utah like comeback unlikely unless paul does it. Stoyjakakakakavick continues to be the guy who gets good looks in the regular season but with the extra effort of the playoffs gets SHUT DOWN.

Tim Duncan maintains his mantle as the best in the NBA. Period.

Reply #187043 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Horry has hit two threes, but Pargo is having a great game. Hornets back within 6 after being down 17 in the third.

Reply #187054 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Lakers vs Spurs it is.

Great season from the Hornets though.

Reply #187056 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Didn't you have a rockmelon on the Hornet Doc????

Reply #187057 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Well done hornets, probably just lacked that experience you get from playing as a unit for a number of years... Lets hope they can keep the team together.

Reply #187058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go Spurs!

Reply #187060 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

TR - yes I did, but you can see from my posting history that I'm a massive Spurs fan. I was quite torn today - the wallet or the heart? Much like every time I look at my fiance.

Reply #187078 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

Hornets played well ..just missed shots .. they showed they belonged, but the champs are too experienced for them rigtht now. The Spurs when all cylinders are clicking can win the title again !!! However they can't afford any lapses like they did with Hornets, letting the team back in .. cause they do that with the Lakers, and with the best finisher in the game in Kobe ..they are in trouble

Reply #187150 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:09 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754