Isaac
Years ago

Mark Nash in the SEABL

Was looking around at some BigV and SEABL boxscores and noticed that Mark Nash is still playing for Hobart. Hadn't heard him mentioned for a while, and thought a few 36ers fans (except Squid) might be interested to hear how he's doing.

Game by Game Stats

He's averaging 13.3 PPG and 12.3 RPG, with a best game of 28 and 19 terrorising the poor AIS kids. Good numbers on the boards especially.

One thing that made me look twice was his free throw percentage - 29.1% from the stripe. 16/55 FT for the season. He was always a bit nervy from the line in his last years with Adelaide, but not quite 29.1%.

Topic #15888 | Report this topic

Ingles13  
Years ago

29.1%!!!!!

WHAT THE!!!

Reply #187093 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

Thats nearly as good as me! (sad isn't)

Reply #187099 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Yeah I am heaps surprised also that he actually hit some! Credit where credit is due tho! :P

Reply #187115 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

If it was still 2002, I'd give a crap about Mark Nash... but it isn't so meh.

I don't know how someone like Nash went from being a such a great NBL player and over 4 years, turned to crap.

Reply #187143 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Marty, I think it had a lot to do with continuing lower back problems, which kept him out of the game for over a year. He was never the same again after that.

Reply #187153 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

29%?!?! - I'm being serious when I say I think I could hit above that with my eyes closed. Hack-a-Nash

Reply #187158 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I find it interesting to compare his stats with a similar player like Ben Castle - another SF who is known for playing defense and doesn't mind launching the three. They both saw their 3P% drop towards the ends of their NBL careers - what might contribute to that? Injuries building up, change in physiology due to age, something else?

Reply #187160 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Never knew that XY, thanks for that.

I dunno Isaac. Forwards in the NBL don't really have much impact where they'd get worn out that fast. It's mainly the centres and guards that suffer the cronic injuries that throw their game off.

He had already been in the league for several years before the sixers, perhaps it's more of a passion thing; maybe injuries seem to do that whole "you're not invincible" wake-up call and that makes a person hold back when it comes to gameplay, who knows.

Reply #187218 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Nashy is a pretty humble guy so I'm not sure he'd suffer much of a swing from feeling invincible, and I don't think his passion would've been an issue. Maybe just overthinking the shots. Can't help but think that the crowds were often a factor at home games. If he was open on the arc, and paused, fans would urge him to take the open shot.

Reply #187219 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

2002 was his best year.

The injuries mainly the back one stunned him too much and was never the same after that.

In the end it was in the best interests of the 36ers to part ways with him.

Reply #187240 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

See Ian Baker Finch .

Reply #187270 | Report this post

squid  
Years ago

Please do not ever mention this guy again, it brings back very dark memories for me.

Reply #187312 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Does anyone remember the days when he was shooting something like 45% from 3-pt but with an open look from the top of they key he would headfake air and then pass it!?

I wanted to run down from seat M98 and punch him!

Reply #187432 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

That was a regular occurence for Mark Nash; half the reason the sixers began turning to crap those few years ago was when they stopped shooting and began that "overcourt" passing.

Maybe Mark Nash was the catalyst for that play.

Reply #187696 | Report this post

adam  
Years ago

mark nash is still an important player for the chargers. his offence may not be what it used to be but he still plays the most minutes out of any of the chargers players which shows he still has some worth. plus the chargers did come runners up in the australian club championship meaning they are the 2nd best club team in all of australia.

Reply #203397 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:03 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754