Bo Hamburger
Years ago

Game 1 Lakers-Spurs (spoilers)

Lakers get a tight Game One 89-85, with Kobe delivering the game-winning dagger late in the 4th after a poor first half.

Spurs did everything but win today - are they encouraged or discouraged by this result?

NBA now 3 wins away in both conferences from their dream finals match-up.

Topic #15916 | Report this topic

Quagmire  
Years ago

Ominous signs for both teams, Duncan cannot be stopped by the lakers, yet they seem able to stop all other spurs....
Bryant once hot cannot be stopped yet again, it would appear the rest of the lakers can be shut down.

I see this series being a battle between the two second best players for each team, Gasol and Odom v Gino and Tony.

Which ever of these two duo's performs the best, will win the series.

Reply #187397 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

It's unSpurslike for them to not seal the deal after being ahead 20 in the third quarter.

And while I think of it, as I wait for them to post about Kobe's performance, I'm starting a petition for 'Kobe-for-MVP' to change his/her moniker to something else, as he did win it.

I'm suggesting 'Kobe-IS-MVP', or 'Kobe-for-2MVPs'. Anyone else got anything else? Winning entry gets US$200,000 Rolls Royce hood ornament, which, based on current exchange rates, is worth in Australian dollars approximately ... $200,000.

Reply #187401 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Hows about Kobe-B-MVP ... or Ko-B-B-MVP

Reply #187403 | Report this post

Skink  
Years ago

how about 'kobeforfinalsmvp'. Lakers could not shut down duncan, at times gasol was all over him and he still managed to score.Being down 20 everyone was just waiting for kobe to take over, and he did,with ease. This is gonig to be a great series i cant wait fot game 2.

Reply #187412 | Report this post

oops  
Years ago

Kobe-raper-MVP

Reply #187421 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

oops your a dickhead.

like it how the name stands.. history in it. haha

Reply #187435 | Report this post

sharpshooter  
Years ago

Watched the game today... Found my self cheering for the Kobe led Lakers... Cannot stand Mr Bryant but have a soft spot for the Lakers of old... And who could possibly hope that Spurs would win, wont get too carried away waiting for the Celtics-Lakers finals match up until both series are 4 games old.

Reply #187442 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Oops.....your a fool mate

Odom had a shocker.....needs to step up in game 2

Amazing all playoffs the Spurs avg 88pts on the road, and at home 103pts

I think if they try to go a shootout with the lakers at home, they will be in trouble

This series will go to 7 i reckon

Reply #187454 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

I hope it's a LA/Boston final just so someone can re-release the classic PC game "Lakers vs Celtics".

Reply #187479 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:17 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754