adfad
Years ago

So... Ingles withdrew from the NBA draft

what an idiot.

just screwed up his only chance of making the NBA.

not that he was gona stay in the roster anyway... but seriously, ur one chance of the NBA and u choose to stay home.

Topic #15920 | Report this topic

twenty four  
Years ago

Can I ask how it was his 'only chance'?

Reply #187457 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

"Drugs are bayd - MMMKAY..."

Reply #187458 | Report this post

Years ago

You do realise he can declare again, and also that after they turn 22, International Players are automatically fair game to get drafted. Nevermind signing without getting drafted. So Ingles has plenty of opportunities.

NBA people are aware of him anyway, so they'll keep an eye on him. Ingles probably realises he's not ready for the NBA (body or skill-wise), and maybe there wasn't enough certainty that he'd get picked up. Fair idea to test the waters and gauge some interest.

Reply #187465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

adfad u are a f***wit.

He actually hasnt withdrawn from draft.

He has next year too.

Get your facts right you thumping tool.

Reply #187468 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

Forget it,he's not anywhere near good enough at this stage........

Reply #187471 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Currently in the NBL he still only has hot flashes. I'd be expecting double double games and an average of over 24+ppg to make him really stand out.

He has to make the number averages of college and european players to even stand a chance of a definate contract. Jawai's advantage over Ingles is simply his size. Ingles is a better player but being a big man who's quick and has inside shooting ability is sought after more.

He needs to basically have a MVP like performance this year to really etch a definate spot next year.

Reply #187472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marty.....Ingles better than Jawai?....I've heard it all now!

Reply #187475 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Yes #187475, Ingles is a better player. Considering the number of post shots Jawai screws up despite being stronger and bigger built than most centres in this league, he still can really hit a layup.

Ingles also has good old AIS trainng, and despite not sounding impressive; has actually played more professional level basketball.

Jawai WILL be a better player in a few years, I'm sure of it; but as of right now, Ingles is more versatile and that makes me look at him as a better player.

Reply #187477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wasn't Jawai at the Tute too?

Reply #187487 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

um i think you will find that Jawai had good old AIS training as well.

Reply #187489 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

I agree with Big Marty's comment that Ingles "only has hot flashes"...currently he has some skills but to really get some attention from NBA scouts, I think he would need to start dominating games in the NBL. The potential is there, whether he can capitalise reamins to be seen.

It will be interesting this season to see how his game evolves. Now that he's being coupled with some offensive threats in Worthington and Ere, he can really prove himself as a guy who is as likely to take the ball to the lane as he is to pull a double team and find an open player.

Reply #187491 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

If you're looking at Worthington, Horvath, Ingles, Ere & Groves as a starting lineup; it will be a hard time for some of them breaking the 20ppg barrier (correction: all of them breaking the barrier). Ingles is going to have to work hard to poke his head above the mass.

Reply #187494 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

I think Boti mentioned it, but if Jingles has a good Olympics, thats gonna get the attention of NBA scouts. I reckon he has a pretty good shot of getting into the NBA sometime down the track.

Reply #187525 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Is that "Hot Flashes" or Hot Flushes"??

Reply #187540 | Report this post

Years ago

I'd agree with the assessment that Ingles really needs to dominate in the NBL before he can think about seriously commiting to the NBA. It's the same thing with Brad Newley. They both have done/do show signs of dominating in the NBL, but aren't even clearly the best player in Australia. Once they are, then they really have a shot at the NBA.

Reply #187610 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Ingles now has no hope, it was now or never.

Reply #187634 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:58 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754