Quagmire
Years ago

Lakers v Spurs G3 (spoiler)

Game over, spurs win easy. Not so tired looking in front of the homecourt.

Duncan dominant in D with his rebounding and intimidation.

You know how i know the spurs are the best defensive team? Kobe scored 30, but went to the line once and missed it anyway.
Could someone let me know the last game Kobe played where he didn't hit a single free throw??!!!
How about the last PLAYOFF game where he didn't hit one???!!!!

Now not having seen the game i will assume the refs got it all correct, and Kobe has nothing to complain about.

Great comeback by Gino, look for Parker to do it next game with Poo being the constant.

Topic #15948 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

May 2004 also against the Spurs, to answer your questions. The one he missed in this would've been a four point play.

Also, I wouldn't have called Duncan dominant in this 1, yes he had a great game but Pau flipped quite a few easy ones straight over him. This game was all about Manu for the Spurs and shooting the hell out of it from 3pt land.

Reply #187703 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Anon - I'd say 22 points and 21 boards is fairly dominant.

Reply #187706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He said dominant on 'D' in the original post that was my main disagreement. It was a great game on his behalf for sure, but in my opinion he just didn't dominate the game and especially not on the defensive end, 1 block 0 steals...
At the end of the day though, it's Tim Duncan he just goes about his business night in night out in an unspectacular manner/style, so in watching today, I may have just overlooked his contribution somewhat, with the outstanding performance by Manu.

Reply #187709 | Report this post

Horry a brilliant donut in 18 mins, why dont you just retire you silly old man

Reply #187710 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

So they didn't count hits, smacks in the back and trips then?

Reply #187714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just an awesome match to watch!! Ginobilli 22 points at half time, i was jumping up and down in excitement.

Still life in the Spurs yet ;)

Reply #187716 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

The big Horry will come back with 5pts in the last 18.9sec of a tight game 7

Reply #187719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wish...

Lakers 4-2

Reply #187726 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Anon-
Duncan being dominant means that kobe is a shooter not a driver, he is the most intimidating big man in the world, he means bowen can pressure kobes jumpers without fearing the drive as much. Its a measure of kobe that he can still get hot at all.

Unfortunately intimidation doesn't have a stat.
(you just gotta have the smarts to read between the lines)

Look at the utah series, people defending kobe had to worry about the drive because utahs "bigs" are just a bonus "and 1" in waiting...
The fall out was that he had space to shoot, or fake and drive anyway.

Utah needs Roy Hibbert to be real good.
Speaking of, what has happened to the draft stock of Hasheem thabeet? the 7'4 guy from Uconn? Jazz could easy waste a second rounder on him...

Reply #187868 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:04 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754