Oldschool
Years ago

Worthington works out with Denver

http://www.southdragons.com/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=75048

Topic #15968 | Report this topic

James W  
Years ago

Meh. The "I'm completely useless if I'm not shooting the ball" role is already filled by Allen Iverson.

Reply #187889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha James W

Reply #187894 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

" "Mike Dunlap is a hard guy and that's exactly what I needed," Worthington said. "

I don't care how immature it is......but that's hilarious.

Reply #187901 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

I don't know who you are offending - Worthington or Iverson.

Either one is not warranted.

Reply #187902 | Report this post

Years ago

Lately some NBA scouts say these workouts and that "don't mean that much", and that they've been researching guys for years, so workouts provide them with a bit more of an up-close-and-personal picture, and that's it. However, if Worthington somehow makes it onto Denver's squad (or any other NBA team for that matter) next year, that'll prove that what you do (or don't do, as far as anything other than scoring goes) in a game doesn't matter to NBA scouts, just how well you do in controlled workouts. Worthington is a good player in the NBL, but he's nowhere near NBA ready IMO. I know I'm not making the decisions, but I thought it was pretty obvious that he's not at that level.

As well as that, everything I've read lately relating to Mike Dunlap says he's leaving to become Associate Head Coach at the University of Arizona, eventually taking over totally from Lute Olsen.

Reply #187906 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

I think Wortho is closer to the NBA than most give him credit for . He has an excellent all round game with good range on his shot , sound rebounding ability , hops and timing to finish impressively around the hoop with a nice array of post moves drop steps and decent 1 and 2 dribble penetration . His biggest plus is his competitive fire and knack for rising to the level of opposition .
Not saying he will get there but it ain't a pipedream .

Reply #187910 | Report this post

den  
Years ago

as a nuggets fan...

please no more european level scrubs.

anthony carter being on the team cost us like 5-10 wins.

unless worthington is here to kill george karl then i'm all for him.

Reply #187912 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Considering NBA brawls break out from bumping into someone wrong, "Captain Elbow" probably wouldn't survive long.

James W - That quote needs to be put on a shirt and sold at the Dragons online shop.

Reply #187961 | Report this post

Mr? M.Jackson  
Years ago

Dunlap is also an (extreme) long shot for the Bulls head coaching gig. He has been interviewed by Reinsdorf.

Reply #187968 | Report this post

Years ago

"Meh. The "I'm completely useless if I'm not shooting the ball" role is already filled by Allen Iverson."

""Mike Dunlap is a hard guy and that's exactly what I needed," Worthington said. "

I don't care how immature it is......but that's hilarious."

HAHAHA Two great posts in one thread?!?!

Hoops SA is on the way up! :)

Reply #188091 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Interesting note: Mike Dunlap is currently in Australia helping Goorjian run the Boomers camps.

Reply #188787 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Not a bad thing you would think. Dunlap is a good coach, better with youngsters than boy goorj you would think..

Reply #188802 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:40 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754