Already done

Topic #15979 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

ahh 36ers missed a good chance

Reply #188099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

any other time i would have waited for it to become official but DICOP is never wrng. he predicted the ballinger signing last year a month or so before it happened.

so brisbane resigned Gibson and then let him go again within the same offseason?

Reply #188101 | Report this post

Dry Back  
Years ago

damn the dragons are looking good,
PG - Gibson/Martin
SG - Cortez/Smith
SF - Ebi/Ingles
PF - Wortho/Vukona
C - Burston/Horvath

thats what comes to mind so far, have i missed anyone?

Reply #188104 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Some great oncourt combinations there. Shouldnt be lacking in the scoring department thats for sure.

Reply #188106 | Report this post

Dry Back  
Years ago

i know this is a bit off topic, but the tigers team also looks red hot

PG - Import/Crosswell
SG - Barlow/Corletto
SF - Mackinnon/Greer
PF - Grizzard/Hoare
C - Anstey/Stiff
DP - Sturt/Johnson

Reply #188111 | Report this post

DandyBoi  
Years ago

Think Stiff retired didn't he? Johnson is goiong to be Anstey's backup at the C.

Reply #188116 | Report this post

Oldschool  
Years ago

Mackinnon aint there yet

Reply #188117 | Report this post

Oldschool  
Years ago

I hope all the rumours are true but by my points see differently

Unless they have re-valuated Horvath....Dicko is this true?

Reply #188118 | Report this post

Nash2Stoudemire  
Years ago

Dry Back,

Take out Martin and insert Herbert...

So the 10 are:

Groves/Gibson
Ere/Herbert
Ingles/Smith
Worthington/Vukona
Burston/Horvath

That may or may not be the starting 5 with perhaps Smith (when he's healthy) starting over Ingles or as you suggested a true PG in Gibson.

Also, Horvath/Burston will probably alternate on a match-up basis...

Solid 8/9/10-man rotation, with some solid role players in Herbert and Vukona (who are also more than capable of stepping up in case of an injury).

Reply #188119 | Report this post

Nash2Stoudemire  
Years ago

Good point OldSchool,

For those scoring at home, that puts the Dragons on 72 points...

Ebi Ere 10
Mark Worthington 10
Nick Horvath 10
Cortez Groves 10
Jason Smith 8
Mika Vukona 8
Adam Gibson 8
Matt Burston 6
Joe Ingles 1
Nathan Herbert 1

Total: 72

Unless... Does Gibson keep his internal rating (5) if he is released from an active contract?

However that's still only brings it down to 69.

Got to be a heap of jokes about screwing the system in that, just not clever enough to think of one...

Reply #188120 | Report this post

ETrain  
Years ago

Does Jason Smith still count against the points cap when he is injured?

If that is the case the Dragons will pretty much have a 9 player roster for at least half the season.

Also if Gibson is signed, I doubt that Groves will be back, as I don't think Gibson would be content to sit on the bench.

I'm tipping the 10 man roster to be:

Worthington 10
Ingles 1
Horvath 10
Gibson 8
Ere 10
Vukona 8
Herbert 1
Burston 6
Martin/Hobba 4
Smith 8

Total 66 points

Reply #188123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

to all those line ups, gibson won't be there...as somebody better is training with the dragons right now at pg (maybe signing soon!).

Reply #188124 | Report this post

Nash2Stoudemire  
Years ago

Care to enlighten us?

AB?

Reply #188131 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Anonymous.....The person you are referring to (I assume it's him) will not be signed.

He was about 24 hours away from being signed, but will not be offered a full contract now as Gibson has pretty much taken his spot. He may qualify for a dev spot, though, I think....So he could still be there.

As for better? Yeah, right. If you really think THAT guy is a better option than Gibson, I guess your initials are ST.

I would think that the Dragons would be hoping for some sort of Points Cap leniency for Gibson, since he really had limited options of what he could do. With most rosters already settled.

Trust me.....the Gibson deal is done, assuming it is ratified by the league.

Although I am starting to think I may have made life difficult for them......If they were hoping that they could claim points cap leniency for him, I may have let the cat out of the bag early......Damn!

Reply #188144 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

If the Dragons are able to sign any of the team above, then the competition is such a farce that they should blow it up and start again.

As if a 9/10 point player like Ingles should remain a 1 because he was signed to the longest rookie contract. Any rookie signing with an external rating of more than 5 ought automatically be a 5.

Reply #188151 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

XY, I don't agree with all of the ratings but I do think a team should be rewarded for signing a rookie to a long contract (even if it is South). They took a punt and it paid off, good luck to them.

Reply #188156 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

A punt that should have been taken by the 6ers, but they stuffed it up at the time.

Maybe XY is just bitter about what could have been?

Reply #188159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry I can't comment further more, as far as I am aware of talking to the coach himself for the last couple of days, that was what I've been informed (to DICKO)..For your further reference, you are right about the guy I'm talking about and when he ever had matched up against Heal or Bruton, he has thumped both of them while a conversation between me and D-MAC for whom suggest ST is the best pg in Aus right now!

Reply #188167 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I have heard some good and some bad things about him, but Gibbo is already proving he belongs, so you'd have to take him over ST.....Could ST qualify for a dev spot? I'm not big on his details.

Reply #188169 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

oh.....and [email protected] if you want to take it offline.

Reply #188170 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Not bitter at all, I just think that a player of star value and who is NBL ready at the time he enters the league ought not get treated more favourably (to both the player and the team) than your average development player who can't get signed because they would be a 3 (aka Burdon).

I have no problem with some sort of reward or deduction for long term signings of young talent, but an 8 or 9 point deduction is excessive given that you could sign another import for that has been around the league for that. It is not exactly conducive to parity, which is the whole intention of the points cap.

I don't care what the system is exactly, but for instance if you sign a rookie for three years then:

For the first year they are a 1

For subsequent years they are 5 points off their extenal rating to a minimum of 1.

This would leave most rookies at 1 with the truly exceptional rookies not coming in at more than 4 or 5 anyway.

Reply #188178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goorjian is the National Coach......he'll have his way with the league and have whatever players he needs re-rated!!

Reply #188214 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Didn't realise Seamus was ever national coach. I mean, assuming that's the only criteria to get ridiculous re-ratings.

Don't be daft...the fact that he's Boomers coach will have no effect on the ratings.

Reply #188219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

to dicko, sedale over him for sure anyday and no he doesn't qualify for dp he too good for that anyway; a few other club was going to pick him up as import even before he started training with dragons, it's pointless for me describe how good he really is if you never seen him play. you search him up on net check out where he play at and go to his game. thus far he's taken out every nbl players in the league and single handedly beat the tigers and one of the top team in the league. that's not enough?

what i got told today though however, gibson may be picked up ...that will give this dragons team some crazy stuff

Reply #188240 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

So STj is an Import as well?

So, they have to take Tez out?

Reply #188244 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Nah....you've gone too far now.

I've had a look and you're talking about a guy that averages 20, 5.5a and 4.2to in the Big V.

And you reckon he's going to get an IMPORT contract in the NBL?

As a comparison, Daryl Corletto, a LOCAL player who gets 24mpg in the NBL, averages 15.5, 9.8a and 3.2to in the BigV.

He looks like a VERY handy player, but an IMPORT NBL Contract???????

I'm yet to be convinced.

Reply #188252 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

don't you worry just wait and see how things fair out...in a league like that statitians are ripping people off everyday. the way you count a TO? if your teamates can't catch that's a TO on you, if your teamate takes 1 dribble that ain't assist no more, check out his shooting %, steals, FTM, not really that much minutes played either. you talk about corletto he rarely steps up against great teams you better off talk about Barlow. you wait you'd be convinced when the day comes

Reply #188261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

further on that case, you check out every team he's up against his opposition team pg has never gone over 50% in shooting or over 20pts...nor does he really get too many shot attempts. btw he won't be signing as import, that's what make Dragons so crazy as a team

Reply #188263 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

At first I thought you guys were talking about the Sedale who played NBA and I thought to myself, he's way too old (insert Sixers joke), but obviously you are talking about Sedale Jnr. Looking into it further (the wrong spelling comment) I came across an interesting article about Sedale and his "family", one particular comment from the other Sedale Jr, "Sedale Threatt Jr. said he was not sure exactly how many half brothers and half sisters he had. His mother, Nadine Jackson, said there might be as many as 14."....WOW!

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/10/sports/10threatt.html

Reply #188293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL @ those big upping ST Jnr.

The guy is selfish and a TO machine. I'd take Gibbo anyday of the week.

Reply #188295 | Report this post

TheHighlight  
Years ago

Nah not a fan of gibbo. Dirty little rat.

Reply #188313 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

STjr is only a solid player in Big V and would be a bench player for 10-15min per game in the NBL if he was ever picked up.
ME first player with average stats on a reasonable Big V team.
All those that stated he was the best PG in Australia right now have got rocks in their heads.

Reply #188314 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:00 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754