BB
Years ago

ABL Player Insurance

Issac or anyone else that can help, are ABL players covered by BSA if they are injured during ABL games or trainings?

Topic #16021 | Report this topic

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

no

Reply #188637 | Report this post

knowledge  
Years ago

they are covered by insurance though.

Reply #188651 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

I was led to believe that insurance for players who are injured through games or trainings is no longer offered.

As all players are now required to sign contracts (paid or not), there may well be a clause in each contract stating that players are responsible for their own private health cover.

I would seek advice from BSA if you have doubts.

Reply #188653 | Report this post

tully4eva  
Years ago

Just wondering how it works with players getting paid in the ABL. I'm not after figures, but are players paid by their respective clubs and for those who sign paid contracts, is this per game, per season, performance based etc etc.

And which players get paid for their services, is it mainly the captains,imports? eg. someone like Dusty or co.

Reply #188667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

think you will find that the insurance that BSA offers, is not just for ABL players, but all registered district players, and covers you if you are hurt during games or training

Reply #188671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is Insurance that covers all players and officals regardless of if they have a contract or not. Cover is for all medical expenses not covered by medicare or private health cover up to a maximum of $1000. Also cover for loss of wage. More information attached.

http://linky.com.au/fqnqk

For further info including claim forms go to http://www.basketballsa.com.au and search for insurance under administration headline.

Reply #188681 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

Take note of the words "not covered by Medicare". You can't claim doctors bills, radiology or anything else which can be claimed from Medicare. Anyone know of any player who has made a successful claim against this policy?

Reply #188690 | Report this post

Fat Bottomed Girl  
Years ago

My family has loged a claim within the last 6 weeks and are waiting for a response.

I wont go into details of what, why, how or what for; needless to say we feel the claim is within the guide lines as set out on the insurance form.

I might add that I feel there is more chance of hell freezing over or the Sun burning out before we get a response; however I am prepared to wait.

Reply #188739 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:54 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754