Da LaNdLoRd
Years ago

Ryan Bathie... Where's he going?

Lot of talk of the Tigers and Dragons trying to secure him for 2008/09.

Beastarrred the Southland conference last year with 38/14/11 per half.

Pretty much a guarantee to go No.1 in the NBA draft but has decided to wait for a challenge (perhaps when LeBron has kids?)...

Anyone heard any news on what he will do?

Topic #16024 | Report this topic

Oldschool  
Years ago

Heard he was training with Tigers today....Big chance at going to Dragons though heard that Gorj is real keen for him to play for Dragons

Reply #188670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do the Dragons have any more room? I thought the roster was pretty well set now. Dev. player maybe or is he too good for that at this stage?

Reply #188678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bathie has a strong relationship with Westover, who coached him from about under 14's all the way through to under 20's at the Tigers.

Reply #188686 | Report this post

Oldschool  
Years ago

Yeah but i know the kid and Gorj has been in contact with him ever since he has gone across to Nicholls

He was rumored to be heading to Kings...But wants to follow Gorj and play for Australia

He would have to be development player

Reply #188696 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

"Beastarrred the Southland conference last year with 38/14/11 per half.

Pretty much a guarantee to go No.1 in the NBA draft but has decided to wait for a challenge (perhaps when LeBron has kids?)..."
I'm confused! Can someone please decipher this for me???
I had a look at his stats, they are ok, but No.1 in the NBA draft???
He chucked up 17 three's
in one game and connected on 8 of them in 32 minutes!!! Damn!

Reply #188729 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will go to Tigers as Westover was his coach in juniors

Reply #188733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how old is he

Reply #188741 | Report this post

Magic Ball  
Years ago

I heard that he hasnt made a decision yet and will wait to see how good he playes in this up and coming NCAA season as a SENIOR!!! But rumour has it that he has his eyes on Euro League aswell, which he could quit easily get a good contract in...
Plus he was ranked in the Top 10 college players in Handle Magazine this year as a JUNIOR and made All Southland Conference Team i think....?

Reply #188761 | Report this post

Old School  
Years ago

All southland 2nd team didnt make the first team

Reply #188795 | Report this post

KP43  
Years ago

Ryan's very close with Al Westover as he played with Al's son Bo as a junior at Melbourne.

He'll go to Europe if anyone wants him, if not he'll end up at the Tigers under Al.

Reply #188805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bump... What are peoples thoughts now he has played 20odd games as a senior?

Reply #224720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

word has it for the right price he will come to Aus. and lets hope we do see some quality players come back this way and strengthen this new NBL format after all it all starts with your local team and you follow them up. otherwise its off to Euro for this thoroughbred.

Reply #229399 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Bathie is quality and would be a big player in the NBL...

Reply #229409 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:52 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754