Keefy
Years ago

Jordan Dodman returns to NAFC

Just going through one of the footy forums that I visit on a regular basis and came across this about Jordan Dodman which was posted on the North Adelaide Football club Website

Former Adelaide 36ers Jordan Dodman has decided to resume his football back with the Roosters. Jordan last played for NAFC in 2005 in a Under 17's final, he also came through our Under 13, 14, and 15's programs, before focusing solely on Basketball. Jordan has represented Australia at junior level and has been a part of the Adelaide 36ers program for the last four seasons. At the grand old age of 20, Jordan has once again returned to football and is looking forward to becoming a valuable part of the Senior Squad. Jordan is 207cm and we will look to develop him into a Ruckman. Please get behind him when you see him running around in the Red and White, it might take him a little while to adjust, but Andrew and the Coaching Staff are confident he has the wares to develop into a very good Ruckman!

Apparently has been names in North's reserves side to tackle Sturt on Monday.

Topic #16044 | Report this topic

smoovy  
Years ago

Norths rucks stink are probably the worst in the SANFL. He would be a good chance to get a seniors game very soon if he shows any semblance of form.

Reply #188926 | Report this post

Who Me!  
Years ago

Smart career move too. I assume that he must be reasonable footballer or North wouldn't have been after him.
16 AFL Sides - 40 players per list - 640 spots
13 NBL Sides - 10 players per list - 130 spots
less 20 Imports - 110 spots
AFL Minimum Contract - $50K pa
NBL Minimum Contract - $40K pa (?)

I know there are 2 development spots in the NBL, but there are also 4 rookie listed ($30Kpa)in the AFL.

If Dodman does well, I could see Power or Crows taking a chance on him as a Rookie for 2009, where getting $30K (plus whatever he gets for playing at North) would be far more financially viable than NBL Development player ($10-20Kpa ?) and ABL ($0)

Reply #188928 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I didn't think development players got paid.

Reply #188930 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Like watching him play basketball, but he has to go where the playing opportunities and money are. Townsville or Wollongong should've taken him on, but perhaps they weren't interested?

Reply #188931 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

It would have been a smart career move ... four years ago.

Reply #188940 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

He's been named in the forward pocket of the Roosters reserve team. I checked it out in the Footy Friday.

Reply #188946 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Bet ya he regrets listening to the crap Smyth fed him to stay in bball 2 years ago. He would have been drafted then.

Reply #188970 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

207cm?

Thats a bit rich isnt it?

Reply #188977 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Dean Brogan wouldn't have changed career paths at any earlier age - he's done ok for himself.

Good luck Jordie!

Reply #188982 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

Jordy should be right now and Jars will coach him nicely.

Reply #189012 | Report this post

Years ago

207cm is equal to 6'9" 1/2. I agree, that's a bit rich. Surely Dodman is only about 203cm (6'8"). I know it's nitpicking, but still.

Reply #189082 | Report this post

Years ago

Oh but I suppose most people measure themselves with shoes on. I know that the heights you see for NBA players is often their height with their shoes on. That's fair I suppose, seeing as most people play sport (and get around generally) with shoes on :-D

Reply #189084 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

he is 6'10"

Reply #189111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6'10"? Yea right

Reply #189112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know jordie.. and hes around 6'9

Reply #199706 | Report this post

tyson  
Years ago

hes playing for BMW and is looking to head back into basketball

Reply #289146 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I attended a few sixers trainings.
He was invited by the sixers to train with them.
BUT didn't turn up.

Reply #289149 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:17 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754