Blue Collar
Years ago

Funny Tigers vs Panthers

'The largest of all cats, the tiger is one of the biggest and most fearsome predators in the world. Tigers are distinctively camouflaged with their gold coloring and black stripes. Their fierce retractile claws and powerful bodies put tigers at the top of the food chain - they eat just about anything and nothing eats them.'

Last night at the Cage at M/vale, the Tigers certainly were ferocious. A final quarter onslaught was the icing on the cake for a game that the Tigers controlled well from start to finish.
Starting the game well, the Tigers had import Pochintesta in rare touch until just prior to half time, when an unusual incident led to Pochintesta being carried from the floor with an apparent ankle injury to take no further part in the game.

After half time the rest of the Tigers main rotation stepped up well to cover the absence of Pochintesta. None more so then Gerlach and Clarke. Both hit some big 3's and Gerlach was clutch down the stretch as the Panthers had no answer.

Credit to the Panthers for making a run early in the 4th quarter on the back of consequetive bombs from Campbell, but it was the all-over floor onslaught by the Tiger quintet that resulted in turnovers and baskets at critical times.

On a positive note for the Panthers, Blight was almost unstoppable in the paint, with 23 points, he was easily the standout. Some support came from Thur (17) and Pilkington (16) although he was very lucky to get away with what i considered 3 very obvious offensive fouls.
Negatives for the Panthers was their tactics on Clarke and Gerlach, there were more then a couple of off the ball incidents, one which sent Clarke to the hardwood, flat on hit back.

For the Tigers, it was the usual suspects again.
Pochintesta 23.
Gerlach (19 & 8 rbs)
Bowley (15pts & 14 rbs)
Clarke (14pts & 8 assists)
B. Hodge (14 pts)
Hoban (14 pts & 10 rbs)

With a huge crowd packed into m/vale last night and the tigers playing an inspiring brand of basketball, expect the fans to show out in force this week for the first finals appearance since the 90's. I know i will be there!!! (where ever it is!)

Topic #161 | Report this topic

tigerfan  
Years ago

tigers goin all the way, pokey or no pokey. mt. barker is gonna be packed next week.... eastern fans being treated to their first ever home final and plenty of tiger supporters makin the trek up the hill.

Reply #1152 | Report this post

FAN  
Years ago

WHO NEEDS TO GO TO AN NBL GAME JUST GO TO AN ABA GAME AT TIGER TOWN ......YOU WON'T BE BORED BELIEVE ME

Reply #1160 | Report this post

spectator  
Years ago

I went to the Tigers vs Panthers game on sat night at M/Vale stadium. Apart from one of the best games i have ever seen iwas was in ore of the supporters of the tigers. They had theses guys there about 6 or 8 who called themselves the MEN IN BLACK ... They were all dressed in black tigers windcheaters & dark raparound sunglasses.( all big boys by the way ).Well the support they had for there team was outstanding. These boys who stood at the base line of the court were not nasty or crude but LOUD for there team .By the way they all drink coke HMMMMMMM not sure on that one, but well done guys you done you team proud, for helping the tigers get to the playoffs. I will be at there next game to see if these guys do it again.Well done TIGERS & well done to the club as a whole you put on a great night for everyone who attends. I hope all the other clubs can do the same but these GUYS are a hard act to beat for sure.well done to all concerned keep up the good work

Reply #1166 | Report this post

roarproud  
Years ago

GR AWR cant wait til the finals...and by the way excellent singing by the mens abl singer of the national anthem..hmmm great inspiration....lol

Reply #1171 | Report this post

D-lin  
Years ago

While on that, whoever asked the woman to sing at Wayville deserves a huge pat on the back. She (sorry I don't know her name) sings the anthem very well. I know she has been doing it for a couple of years now, but along with the big crowd it sounds so much more personal and gets you going more than a CD. Great job Eagles.

Reply #1172 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

Everyone stand up and CLAP!!!!
CLAP LOUD!!!!!
What a performance!!!!!
That write up by blue Collar....GOLD! PURE GOLD!
Some may even say black and gold! Great form!!!
Tiger boyz!
Great game!
They were increadable! Fans were relentless! The boozed boyz in the corner...were..well boozed, and in full voice. The amount of smak dropped from that corner would have had the pushers in harlem jealous!
Great job all! Bowley was a force! Pocho had a point per minute for 23. The back court tandem of Clarke and Gerlach cut it up. Even in the face of some serious off ball incodents. I guess the Thug Life trend is following the tigers around. The problem for them is the tiger fights back!!!!!!!!!!!!

"J, That was a masterful piece of writing. Have you ever thought of going into advertising??"
'Well I toyed with it for a while, but I found Bag making to be more enjoyable!'

Reply #1186 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:14 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754