third knuckle
Years ago

Newley Not a Sixer

Hey I am new to this site but I thought a good topic might be to ask why a gun SA boy like Brad Newley was not picked up by Smyth.

PS: Anyone able to confirm that JB left the Mount to try get a gig with the academy in hope of a 6ers try out

Topic #1613 | Report this topic

surely you jest

Reply #18374 | Report this post

meet the fokkers  
Years ago

Newley opted to head to Qld. - family ties.

he would get a gig with the 6ers without any fuss nowdays

Reply #18375 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

People have known about Newley for a while, especially over here in the Eastern states for a while after carving everyone up here in Canberra.

Another fish that slipped through the net for the 6ers.....

Just have a look at the link
www.basketballpic.com.au/newley.htm

enuff said.............

Reply #18393 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Nice one Knuckles...

Reply #18414 | Report this post

A certain black guy in that picture is such a better dunker than Newley though!!

Reply #18417 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

It is a shame newley slipped by but i just heard on 'Bone and Wilds' 5aa that there is a 19yo NZ fella SEVEN FEET TALL!!!

and he's keen to try out with the sixers. If they don't at least get a try out with him and maybe guide him through i'll hurl if i see him with another team in a few years dominating

Reply #18496 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:39 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754