Anonymous
Years ago

Phillips to play in Israel

Australian Opals and Adelaide Lightning basketballer Erin Phillips has signed a deal to play in Israel.

She will join the Tel Aviv-based club after the Olympics and once she has finished her WNBA commitments with the Connecticut Sun.

It comes as a blow for the Lightning as they prepare to defend their WNBL title

Topic #16131 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

do we have any players left?

Reply #189900 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

Damn!

She'll be too far away to pose in that hot lingerie gear she looks breath taking in.

She might have to cover up now and wear head veils. She'll also have to eat halal meat.

Reply #189904 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

Will Centrals give her a clearance?

Reply #189905 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Well, I wonder whether we should play WNBL and NBL in about June to about October, then.

Reply #189907 | Report this post

wnba fan  
Years ago

half her luck - she has been hot property and they will be throwing plenty of $$$$ at her

what club - would have to be maccabi elite ?? y/n ?

Reply #189908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lightning are in trouble.
Phillips was the main draw card for getting those massive 300+ crowds through the door.

Have lost 3 opals and gained two AIS players.
Good work.
Maybe Boyd will have to hit the court again to help make up the numbers....

I hope it won't be a case of Champions to Chumps.

Reply #189916 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

It probably be one of the Tel Aviv sides (Maccabi hopefully). She wont have to wear any of the veils. Do you know how hard it is to play basketball in one of those things.........
You can also get normal everyday meat over there. Pork, Bacon, Ham all sorts.

Reply #189931 | Report this post

T.O. Slammer  
Years ago

Good for Erin. She'll have a fantastic time over there. They play very good basketball in Israel. Israel is very westernized. She'll have no problems fitting in.

Reply #189943 | Report this post

lights out  
Years ago

No Phillips no Camino MASSIVE scoring hole. better hope Gahan comes back ready to star. philips struggled playing with AM - no surprise she has jumped ship

Reply #189964 | Report this post

Leopard 24  
Years ago

what a bull shit statement !!

I am very thankful she lasted this long.
Erin only stayed for family reasons, new team , new challenge.

I am looking forward to it all.

STRIKE!!!!

Reply #189966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"She might have to cover up now and wear head veils. She'll also have to eat halal meat."

Not all at.

Israel has no rule requiring head veils of any sort. You can wear whatever you want there.

And Halal is Islamic, not Jewish.

Reply #189995 | Report this post

Os  
Years ago

Which Part of the post was bull Leopard ?
Made sense to me.
It' true - They have lost half the team, (3 being Opals) and have only signed two players so far from the AIS.

Only managed 300 odd people at some of the games last season with a very talented line up, I can't see how this season can build on that with half the squad gone.

Reply #189996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i was talking to tracy a few weeks ago and she said that she couldnt wait to get back in the adelaide uniform and try to help them to another championship. no promises though. hope all the players from adelaide are ready for what is going to be a huge comp this season.

Reply #190075 | Report this post

2 tempting  
Years ago

without phillips will gahan return or will she too take a European out clause ;)

Reply #190186 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:49 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754