curtley
Years ago

Chuck Harmison needs to go

Chuck harmison needs to go, what a dr do little.

Topic #16135 | Report this topic

kad  
Years ago

Who you got in mind?

Reply #189977 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

carfino, rucker, some sort of visionary.

Reply #189985 | Report this post

Kingjames  
Years ago

And then what is Harmison going to do for money? Its like our former coach they will continue as long as possible with their comfortable pay packet until they are thrown out, even if they are incompetent in their position. So yeah I don't think you will see Harmison resign!

Reply #190001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nbl competition=great!
nbl owners/ceo=disguisting!

Reply #190003 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

IMO Harmisson has inherited a shit sandwich from his predecessor (Commisioner Burton) and told to keep chewing!! Sure he could be replaced but at the moment the league is treading water until the review of the whole basketball setup is released. Only then can plans be formulated and actioned to hopefully revive the sport. I think some credit probbaly has to go to Harmison for not cutting and running - he knows its all going pear shaped but is trying to keep some stability at the top. If he was to quit now the perception in the media of the NBL would be even worse!

Reply #190007 | Report this post

The General  
Years ago

How about getting a businessman first.

The best the NBL ever had it was when we had Malcom Speed as the man in charge.

David Stern didn't get the job because he played good D or because he was known as a players coach.

Reply #190008 | Report this post

Kingjames  
Years ago

The General is right. The CEO should be a business man! Someone with the proper education on how to get results and how to make the league financially viable not some x player (Unless that x player did have the proper business education but unlikely as he spend his days playing basketball)

Reply #190010 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

I agree - however the position at the moment is pretty much powerless. Whoever you put in as the boss will have to sit on their hands until the review is released and then something can happen. Chuck probably knows that when the review comes out the recomendations will be for the whole competition to be torn up and built again from ground up (like the A league was) Odds ae his job will go anyway and a new board will be put in place.

so at the moment I cant see any great advantage in sacking or forcing Chuck to resign. Lets just wait and make sure the next move is the correct one and not yet another half arsed reactionary debacle.

Reply #190012 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Wasn't Harmison temporarily put into the position when Burton left? I would have thought that the position still needs to be filled.

Reply #190043 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:55 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754